Love

*Ray's P.O.V.

I heard Prod scream Zonniques's name over the phone and started to freak out a little. I jumped up from the couch and he hung the phone up.
"I don't know what's going on over there, but Zonnique said to send you over. And fast." He said, a little shaken up. I grabbed my keys and hustled to my car. I drove a little too fast to her house, but I really didn't care. I busted through her front door and seen Jacob push her extremely roughly into the wall. She slid down to the floor and held her head.
"What the HELL?!" I yelled at Jacob. He turned and lunged towards me, but met my fist hitting him in the jaw. He stumbled backwards, trying to regain his balance.
"You're a deadman." He said through clenched teeth. I lunged at him and knocked him into the wall, causing a vase to fall and hit his head. He grabbed my shoulders and pushed me against the wall, but I found myself much stronger than him so I kicked him straight in the gut; hard. He fell to the floor and landed right on his back. He gasped for air since I probably knocked it out of him. I kicked him a couple times then grabbed him by his shirt.
"Y- you're go- going to pa- p- pay.." He choked out.
"Really?" I asked, then hit him in the face. He stumbled back and held his cheek.
"YOU CAN HAVE THAT WORTHLESS SLUT FOR ALL I CARE!" He screamed.
"I'll be GLAD to take her back and I won't physically ABUSE HER." I yelled back at him. He shook his head and pointed his finger at me.
"If you wouldn't of came-"
"You would of killed her, you faggot."
"MAYBE I WOULD HAVE!" He screamed. I shook my head in disbelief and disgust at him.
"Go to hell." I said, coldly. I grabbed his shirt and shoved him out the door, causing him to fall off the porch. I closed the door and quickly turned around. I saw Zonnique sitting against the wall, helpless. She looked beat up and exhausted. I ran over to her.
"Nique? Nique?!" I said a little loud.
"Please wake up.." I gently said. I saw it was doing no good. I unwrapped the tape that Jacob must of wrapped around her mouth. Anger started to boil in me, but I couldn't worry about that. I picked her up, bridal style, and carried her out to my car. I gently laid her in the backseat and drove to the hospital. When we arrived, I picked her up and ran with her through the double doors.
"I NEED HELP!" I yelled, and a nurse rushed out to me.
"What happened?"
"Her boy- er, ex-boyfriend was beating her pretty bad. He shoved her into a wall and she went unconscious." I said, breathless. The nurse led me into a room and told me to lay her down.
"I'll be right back with a doctor." She said. I nodded. I sat down in a chair beside her and held her hand. A couple seconds later a doctor came in and told me to leave. It was hard, but I had no choice. I called Prod and told him to tell everyone.
"If you could try and get ahold of Zonnique's mom that'd be good." I asked.
"Alright, I'll try. Any idea where she is?"
"Not one. She might come home soon so check her house."
"Okay, later man." He said, and hung up. I put my head in my hands and breathed. I literally wanted to KILL Jacob. About 30 minutes later a doctor walked up to me.
"Sir, you're here for Zonnique Pullins. Correct?"
"Yes, sir. How is she?"
"Well, she must of been beat pretty hard. She has a concussion to her brain and sprained her ankle, both wrists, AND damaged a nerve cell to her spinal chord. It will be hard for her to walk for a couple days or possibly weeks." He said, with sympathy.
"Oh, my god." I said, shocked.
"Like I said, she must of been beaten pretty bad."
"So it's bad?"
"Pretty bad. She's not awake, but you can visit her." He said. I nodded and ran my hand through my hair. This is all my fault.

Two hours later, Zonnique woke up. Mom and dad had stopped by to see her, then decided to go home. Roc and Prod just left about 5 minutes ago, and Nique's mom is going to stay with her tonight. Jaslyn was running around the waiting room while her mom visited with Zonnique.
"Way Way, what happened to sissy?" She asked. I sighed and looked down.
"She just got hurt..."
"How?"
"Well... she... fell. Down the stairs..." I said, of course lying. I didn't want to tell her that Jacob nearly killed her by beating the crap out of her, she was just too young.
"Oh.." She said quietly, then jumped into the seat next to me.
"Why can't you and sissy be together again, Way?" She asked, so innocently. I opened my mouth to talk, but closed it when I had nothing come to my mind.
"Give her and I some time and things will fall into their place."
"Well... could you hurry time up? I MISS YOU!" She practically begged, while falling onto my arm. I put my arm around her and leaned back. A few minutes later, Nique's mom came out.
"How is she?"
"Well, she's tired and weak. Not to mention sore..."
"Yeah... well, I'll be happy to stay with her tonight."
"No, no, no. You've already done so much, Ray. If you hadn't of came, no telling what Jacob would of done to her. I can't thank you enough." She said. I slightly gave her a soft smile.
"There's no need to thank me.."
"Nonsence, Ray. If you need ANYTHING, please, let me know." She said, then gave me a smile. I returned it and Jaslyn ran up to her.
"Mommy, I want to go home!" She whined, while tugging on her shirt.
"Okay, sweetie. Ray, do you mind staying here while I take her home? I'll have to find someone to watch her..."
"Really, I'll stay here tonight. It's fine." I offered. She hesitated, then nodded her head.
"... Okay, I guess I'll go tell her goodbye then." She said, then walked to Zonnique's room. I followed her but waited outside the door. A few moments later she came out.
"Okay, I'll be here first thing in the morning." She said, and gave me a hug.
"Thank you so much."
"No problem at all. Goodnight."
"Night, Ray." She said, then left. I walked into Zonnique's room.
"Hey." She softly said.
"Hey, how are you feeling?"
"Okay, I guess..." She said. I walked over to her bed and softly kissed her. I pulled away and she embraced me with a hug. I held her tightly and didn't want to ever let go.
"Ray, I love you so much..." She said while still hugging me. I smiled and pulled away.
"I love you, too." I said, then pulled her into a kiss. ~