Its Complicated

*Zonnique's P.O.V.

I was released from the hospital the following day the incident happened. I went home and just felt... well, weird. I feel like Jacob is still here and... nevermind. I just don't feel safe. I'm so sore and bruised, it sucks. I limp when I walk because of my sprained ankle. Both my wrists are sprained, but the doctor actually thinks I broke my right one. I have to have an X-ray later today to see. With Ray, well... he wants to kill Jacob. Personally, I do too. But, I prefer to not spend the rest of my life in prison because of... him.

The phone rang and I was home alone. Yeah, mom had a meeting and Jaslyn's at daycare. I was a little too afraid to answer it, but shook off the feeling and pressed 'talk'.
"Hello?"
"Hey, how are you?" I sighed at the sound of Ray's voice.
"Okay..."
"Want me to come over?"
"I'm fine..."
"You sure? Is your mom there?"
"No, but I'm fine."
"Okay... I'll call you in a little bit."
"Alright, later." I said, then hung up. Ten minutes later there was a knock on the door. I carefully stood up from the couch and limped to the door. Cautiously, I opened to see Ray.
"You really thought I'd let you stay here alone?" He asked. I laughed and let him in. He walked to the couch and decided to watch a movie. I cuddled up to him on the couch and he wrapped his arms around me. About halfway through the movie, he started up a conversation.
"So... are we officially together again?" He asked. I smiled and looked up at him.
"I sure hope so." I said. He laughed and held me tighter. We continued to watch the movie until I fell asleep. I woke up, no telling what time it was, still in Ray's arms. I slightly rose up and saw I was in my room; in my bed. I smiled and wrapped myself around Ray, laying my head on his chest. I looked over and saw the clock, which read 12:52. I yawned and fell back to sleep.

*Ray's P.O.V.

The next morning, I woke up around 5:30. As much as I hated to do this, I woke Zonnique up. She was supposed to go to school today, if she wants to.
"Babe?" I ask, gently shaking her.
"Hm?"
"Are you going to school?" I asked in a quiet tone. She yawned and sat up.
"Yeah." She said. I sat up with her and, as gently as possible, helped her out of bed. She limped to the bathroom while I laid back down. A few moments later, I heard her scream. I jumped up and ran to the bathroom.
"What's wrong?!"
"Look at my wrist!" She exclaimed, while holding her wrist. It looked extremely swollen and it was black and blue with bruises, but so was the rest of her body.
"I think it's broken, Niq..." I said. She sighed.
"I totally forgot I was supposed to go to the doctor yesterday.." She said.
"It's fine, you can go today." I said. She nodded and got in the shower. She got out and I took a shower myself. After I finished, we continued getting ready. It took her more time than usual because of her injuries. I helped her as much as possible. At about 7:45, we left for school. I'm sure this ought to be an interesting day, especially if I see Jacob...

*Zonnique's P.O.V.

We arrived at school and immediately saw Jacob. He was standing outside by the oak tree laughing with his friends. I sighed to myself as I thought about the other night. I bet he doesn't regret it at all... freak. Ray and I got out and started walking towards the door. He grabbed my hand and we intertwined fingers. As we walked past Jacob, I could feel him staring at me. I felt extremely uncomfortable and looked down. We made it inside and relief took over my body. But, I knew I would have to see more of him throughout the day.

Ray walked me to my class, which was Chemistry, and let go of my hand. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me. I kissed back, until Ms. Travis walked by.
"Save the PDA for later, you two." She said while walking past us. Ray softly kissed me one last time.
"I guess I'll see you at Science.."
"You'll be fine. Love you.." He said as he walked past me. I sure hoped so, because I'm pretty sure Jacob is in this class. I took a breath and walked in. I saw him sitting at his seat, but he was turned around talking to some girl. Probably his girlfriend, or something. I sat down in my seat, which had a perfect view of him. He turned around and I could perfectly see who the girl was; Tori. I rolled my eyes. How much you wanna bet that they're dating? I know that I cheated on Jacob with Ray, but atleast I was honest about it and told him. I bet they've been dating for months! Oh, whatever. It doesn't matter to me. I've got Ray and I love him to death. I was looking through my notes when the person beside me, Victoria, tapped on my shoulder.
"Yes?"
"Hey girl, where have you been for the past two days?" She asked. I sighed and faced her. I whispered very quietly, but to where it was still audible.
"I'm going to make this story as quick as possible. Jacob came over, I told him I was cheating on him with Ray, he freaked out and basically beat the crap out of me. My left wrist is sprained and I think my right is broken." I said, and held up my right sleeve to show her my wrist. She gasped.
"He did this?!"
"Mhm."
"I would of popped a cap in his a-"
"Alright, class. I hope you all finished your projects!" The teacher called out.
"I'll talk to you later." I said to Victoria. She nodded and turned back to her desk, as did I. Class went on and Jacob pretty much gave me dirty looks. He's giving me one right now, too. Just ignore it... just ignore it. I still could see him staring at me, so I waited until the teacher turned his back then faced Jacob and flipped him off. I turned back to my desk and saw him turn back to his. The bell rang and I started getting my things together. I was only one left in the classroom, well... I thought I was. Someone came up beside me and pushed me against the wall. And that someone happened to be Jacob.
"Get off me, Jacob." I demanded.
"Baby, I think the whole thing with Ray was the past. You know I love you..." He said as he started to lean in. I turned my head so he wouldn't kiss me, but he forcefully grabbed my face and kissed me. I tried squirming out of his grasp, but he just held me tighter. I felt his tongue on my lip and refused to let him in. I finally gave up and just kicked him in his balls. He immediately broke the kiss and fell to the floor. I quickly grabbed my things and ran out to the bathroom, where I spit in the sink about 10 times. I fixed my makeup and hair quickly then walked, or limped, out casually. I went to my locker and began putting my things away. Bahja came up beside me.
"How are you feeling today?" She asked, perky.
"Kind of crappy. My wrist hurts like crazy and... well, Jacob just practically re-attacked me in the classroom!"
"I'll kill him-"
"But this time, he wanted me to date him again."
"What?! What a desperate loser."
"I know. And then..." I started, but looked around to make sure nobody was listening.
"... then he forced me to kiss him."
"Please, could I kill him?"
"Go ahead, for all I care." I said, then felt arms wrap around my waist.
"Hey baby..." I heard a voice whisper into my ear. It was Ray. He softly kissed my neck as I continued to put my books up.
"Well, I'm gonna find Manny. Later you two." Bahja said walking away. I closed my locker and faced Ray. He gave me another kiss and we walked to Science. While we was walking, I felt someone slap my butt. What heck?! I turned around and saw Jacob smirk. I shook my head.
"Something wrong?" Ray asked.
"It's complicated." I sort of mumbled. He put his arm around me and pulled me close as we walked.