High

No one had checked on Sherlock, no one had comforted Sherlock. John didn't think to ring- he didn't forget about him though. Mrs Hudson was on holiday and Mycroft had given up on Sherlock. He's been alone for months. 'John and Mary have probably forgotten about me' Sherlocks mind spat out through his drug enhanced mind.
John hadn't known Sherlock as one to go downhill, he didn't think that he would ever come home to this.
John and Mary had got a divorce, the fights just getting too much. John had thought it best to move back into 221B. He packed his bags and was eager to return to Sherlock.
Opening the flat door was hard since old boxes had been placed behind it. The flat was full of smoke and the whole living room smelt of weed. John was flabbergasted. Looking around he spotted sight of his once kept together friend. He had lines of cocaine on the table and his face was showing no emotion. He had a needle in this arm, most likely full of heroin and he had a joint in his mouth.
He heard the flat door opening and as soon as he was John he smiled and tried to stand up. " JAWN YOU CAME BACK" Sherlock stumbled over, he joint still in his mouth, smoke coming from his parted lips. John tried to push the right words out " You...you started doing drugs again? I CANT LEAVE YOU ALONE FOR A SECOND CAN I? YOU ARE SO IRRESPONSIBLE!" John screamed at Sherlock, taking the joint from his mouth and letting it drop to the ground, stomping on it. He strode to the kitchen to get a dust pan and brush to sweep up all the cocaine. He looked at john like he was crazy.

"Jawn why are you doing this to me" Sherlock whimpered, looking towards the cocaine like it was his child. " Doing what" John enquired. Sherlock just looked at him and started to get an angry look in his eyes. " why are you trying to pretend you didn't forget about me? Why are you pretending to care? So you can have somewhere to live? I don't need anyone to care for me John, I'm fine by myself" Sherlock ground out and looked at John with a hint of sadness. " I didn't forget about you" John's tone was full of confusion.
" yeah? well you didn't visit" He whispered and just shook his head. ' I didn't visit....oh. I guess I didn't think I would need to, I've been such a bad friend to Sherlock' John thought as he put all the cocaine in the bin. " I'll never leave you ever again, I promise" John's voice was one of that you would use with a child.
The smoke in the flat had started to clear and all needles had been cleaned away. Sherlock had almost passed out three times and John knew he was exhausted. John took Sherlock to the bedroom, lying his skinny frame on the bed, tucking him in with the duvet. 'He looks so innocent when he sleeps' John thought, looking at the once great man.
"I'll never leave you again" John whispered, pressing a kiss to Sherlocks forehead.