Changed

" Ruby Holmes! Put that vase down right now!" Sherlock ushered the small child out of his room and into the sitting room, where she begun poking the coal on the fire. Sherlock's eyes went wide as he leapt forwards to save his toddler from the still hot embers.
Ruby wailed as her fingers were coated in burn cream, them wrapped in bandages. Soon after the injured child went to sleep, finally, and left her dad to sit down and relax.
Things hadn't been the same in 221B since the arrival of the 2 year old. Sherlock had to put away the glass beakers and replace them with bottles to feed his child. He had got Ruby off a old girlfriend. He was experimenting with relationships, and later on in life a experiment from the past had caused this child to enter his life.
Sherlock and John spoke over the phone, but Sherlock didn't really have time for mindless chat because of the new arrival. Being a single parent was hard, and Sherlock found out the hard way.
The two year old had her thumb stuck in her mouth, and she was curled up on the chair that John used to own. Sherlock gazed at her lovingly and sighed. " What am i going to do with you" He whispered adoringly.
It was 9pm when the door bell went, and Sherlock went to rub his sleep addled eyes before groaning and looking to see if the noise had woke his daughter up. Sherlock smiled when he saw her still deep asleep.
He let out a load yawn, being a parent really took it out of him, and made his way to open to door, unlocking the chain and pulling it open slowly. Greg Lestrade stood proudly at the door. " what are you doing here?" Sherlock spoke quietly, risking the chance to see if Ruby was awake. He turned around to stare at the confused face Greg was pulling.
" You said to come get you when there was a case? Sherlock, let me in!" Lestrade pushed past Sherlock and into his clean flat. It was clear of clutter, and much resembled peaceful family houses. Toys propped up on the desk that was once full of paper work. Greg spun around in bewilderment before making his way to take a seat, but before he had the chance to squish the soon to be seen toddler, Sherlock stepped in and grabbed Greg's wrist angrily.
The flat was silent, much because of Sherlock holding one finger to his lips in a attempt to shush the Inspector. " Daddy?" A small voice rang out and Greg's eyes snapped to the chair in which the voice came from. Sherlock sighed and let go of Greg, only to pick up the small child from the blankets and place her over his shoulder, making his way to the kitchen to grab a bottle for her. She rested her head next to Sherlock's bed head and drank her milk silently.
Sherlock walked carefully back into the living room and sat in his chair, waiting for the questions that would come tumbling out of Greg's mouth. Instead of questions, Greg pulled his Phone out and called someone, " Come to 221B, right now". He hung up and took a seat, waiting for the person on the phone to arrive.
After 10 long, awkward minutes, someone came racing up the stairs, the door opening to reveal John, looking rather worried. However his mouth dropped open when he saw the flat. His eyes snapped up to meet mine, then wandered down to look at the girl in my arms.
The flat was silent, the only sounds being Ruby, who was now playing with her teddies on the clean floor. " So, care to explain?" John calmly spoke, almost as if i was in trouble.
" John, Lestrade, meet Ruby Holmes... My daughter" They looked at me, then Ruby. Then me again. " Ruby was my ex-girlfriends baby, but sadly she died, and it was clear who needed to take care of her." I sighed and lowered myself on to the floor, letting Ruby climb onto my lap and place her teddy on my curls, making her giggle. I grinned down at Ruby and took the teddy and placed it on her head. She laughed and fell into my chest, letting me wrap my arms around her small frame.
" So, this is why you haven't been taking cases?" Lestrade piped in, also sitting on the floor. " Yes, I can't just leave Ruby, and the cases are too dangerous for a child to be involved in".
John was still trying to take it all in. " What happened to the old Sherlock? The messy flat, the experiments, the drugs...?" John whispered the last bit, making sure Ruby didn't hear. I shook my head in pure disbelief. " I grew up, i stopped being a 'sociopath' and I started to find friends that would help me change, for the better. I don't have time for danger, I need all the time i have for Ruby, she still hasn't been to nursery or reception and that's my main priority" I ranted while making sure Ruby didn't go near the fire again.
" You don't have any time for us?" John questioned. I shook my head and laughed. " i have time for friends, you are my friend, i just can't take cases until she goes into school". John smiled, " You've grown up". I laughed and let Ruby waddle over to John, she gave her teddy to John. " Mr.Cuddles says he wants kiss" She smiled, pushing the teddy into John's hands and sitting down in front of him, waiting for John to peck her stuffed owl. John gave the teddy a big kiss before giving it back, his face lighting up as he giggled and hugged her owl.
" Sherlock, how are you so good with kids?" Greg asked, " You have raised her so well" He asked in pure disbelief.
Before Sherlock could answer Ruby spoke " My daddy is the best daddy ever. He kisses my boo boo's and reads me and Mr.Cuddles stories and he plays trains with me and he lets me play with his hair!" She exclaimed, running over to hug Sherlock, who looked at her with love.
As the two friends left at 12am, Sherlock put Ruby into her bed, and kissed her goodnight before staring at his reflexion in the bathroom. A pair of sparkling eyes, full of love. He smiled before sleepily making his way to his own bedroom, slipping into a deep sleep.
It was 2am when he heard the smash of a window and a little girls voice screaming for her Daddy.