[ 29 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
- THE RADIO -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

"I've been trying to look for a job for days and that twenty-four seven a day. I hardly get any sleep because I want to look for a job, but I really can't find anything! If I want to work on myself and become a better person, I do have to go look for a job.

But if I can't find anything, how am I supposed to succeed?!

Jay, help me!"

"I'm... speechless?" Jay said questionably as he tilted his head slightly to get a better look at the boy across from him, Sunghoon.

He had been working for days to find a good job so he could pick up his social life again, but also to work on himself and become a better person.

Only if no job was available, the first step of his process could not be triggered and he would have to live forever as a hopeless, pathetic boy sitting in his room all day doing nothing but thinking about his lover.

Sunghoon put his hands on Jay's shoulders and shook him back and forth. Jay just about got a concussion from his best friend.

Jay would visit Sunghoon from time to time when he had time to spare after work or after spending time with Eunji. He didn't come often, but he still saw a huge change.

Sunghoon's body language, way of talking, appearance and much more had all suddenly changed. To the mind, everything happened very quickly, but these changes definitely lasted for about 3 full years.

Jay has been worried about him for months. He tried to do activities with him before, but each time his best friend kept refusing to go with him because he kept acting a little pathetic.

But he also understood that he was having a hard time, just not that it would have so much impact on him long-term.

It is difficult indeed, losing someone you love incredibly, but it is part of life and you can't do anything about it.

"I believe she will come back one day!" Sunghoon would always say determinedly, but Jay doesn't believe in it.

It's tough.

"You have to help me, Jay!" Sunghoon said desperately. "I need to do something about my lifestyle! Just a little while longer and I'll die!"

"Jeez!" Jay shouted as he continued to be shaken. "Exaggerating is also a skill!"

Sunghoon quickly let go of him.

Jay rolled his eyes in disbelief. "You need to take your time and-"

"But there's no time left! Do you see me!" Sunghoon interrupted as he pointed at himself. "I have become a worthless human being! I need to do something about myself NOW!"

Jay sighed deeply. "You can't help it. It's just the way it is," He spoke as he got up from his chair and walked toward the kitchen.

Sunghoon looked up and frowned. "What are you going to do?" He asked as he also got up and slowly walked towards Jay.

"I'm going to turn on some music."

Sunghoon scoffed. "Why now? I'm literally telling you all my struggles and you're going to put on music? Unbelievable!"

Jay's hand reached the button on the radio and clicked it. Music from a popular radio station began to play. The boy turned his head toward his best friend, who stood watching in disbelief as he cut off the conversation by turning on music.

"Yes, I do indeed," Jay smiled and slowly began to dance along to the music. "You have to think of some happy stuff too, Sunghoon. Dance along!"

Sunghoon raised his eyebrow slightly and crossed his arms. "No, I won't dance with you unless I dance with Jiwoo."