|The Aftermath|

----------------------------

Once again I brought you another chapter of the story, sorry for the delay, have been busy with some stuff, but I would be updating more frequently now.

Anyways, enjoy the new chapter!

-------------------------------

"It's my fault, I'm sorry... I'm sorry, forgive me, I couldn't protect you... I should have been the one killed..." (Y/N)

The Commander's embrace towards Hornet seems to have gotten tighter, he didn't want to leave her, it was impossible to believe that she was dead, and the worst of all, how would the rest react to this, especially Enterprise who would come in the worst timing.

"Commander! I heard some noises over here so I came as fast as I-" (Enterprise)

The white-haired girl stopped immediately when she saw a very familiar person being held in the Commander's arms.

"Is that... Hornet!?" (Enterprise)

The voice from the Eagle Union flagship behind him would be made Y/N feel even guiltier and worst with himself, how will he explain to Enterprise what happened to her sister?

"Enterprise, I apologize... I didn't come in time to save her, it was too late already..." (Y/N)

The Commander didn't have enough confidence to even completely turn around towards her, but it wouldn't be necessary since Enterprise would immediately rush to where Y/N was to see the scene with her own eyes.

The Commander would only let out the blonde aircraft carrier from his embrace for her sister to have a closer look, he couldn't even look at Enterprise directly, it was morally impossible.

She couldn't even believe it, first Yorktown and now Hornet, those were truly devastating news for the aircraft carrier who would only be limited to falling to her knees on the surface near where her sister was in complete silence now being the one who would hug the body.

It wouldn't be a surprise if this would affect her in an emotional way just like when Yorktown was sunk.

The weather surrounding the place changed into an annoying drizzle that would only worsen the scenario around them.

It wasn't proper for Y/N to talk, not at this exact moment, he could only remain in silence the entire time disappointed by the entire situation.

'I should have been in her place...' (Y/N's Thoughts)

...

-----------------------------

The Next Day...

-----------------------------

After such an unfortunate incident, Y/N was the only one in charge at the base.

The general morale was down to the floor, thousands of casualties and the sunk of Hornet caused what Y/N was afraid of, ships losing their will to fight against the Sirens, especially the ones from the Eagle Union, and of course, Enterprise, who was the most affected.

Fortunately for Y/N, along with him were some of the Royal Navy members helping in anything they could at the moment.

"Estimated losses?" (Y/N)

"According to the most recent data collected, we have lost plenty of ships, especially small ships such as convoys with supplies, with some high amount of destroyers and cruisers also being sunk during the attack" (Gloucester)