|The Flame Of Conflict|

---------------------------

|This chapter is under heavy rework, please be patient while the author tries to fix this mess...|

Anyways, enjoy!

----------------------------

All the place was surrounded by fire, however, in the middle was someone holding in his arm a certain person.

"Please stay with me, don't you dare to die on me!"

...

-----------------------------

Early that morning...

-----------------------------

|New Azur Lane Base|

|Commander's Bedroom|

Wednesday 5 P.M

"There needs to be something, they must have a weakness!" (Y/N)

The Commander was sitting near a desk while examining those secret files that were revealed to him a few days ago by Veneto.

He's been reading with full attention, taking notes on what it's explained in those papers, but all he can find are just some information about past operations from the Crimson Axis.

Y/N was passing page by page making sure to have read one completely before passing into the next.

"Sirens strongholds..." (Y/N)

He would find a familiar word between the pages he was reading, this one is specifically contain information related to what the Sirens use as bases.

'Huge structures with vast and powerful defenses and capable of being underwater, they have different functionalities apparently which haven't been discovered to this day, it's assumed they work as some type of base for the Sirens...' (Y/N's thoughts while reading)

The sudden sounds of a big explosion caught Y/N by surprise when he immediately heard a loud voice around the quarters that would make him to stand up from his seat.

All men proceed to your battle stations, this is not a drill, I repeat, this is not a drill.

"Huh? What is happening?" (Y/N)

Without thinking twice the Commander immediately headed for the door of the room to open it and saw around the halls different people running to their positions to defend the base, even some ships along the way too.

"Yo! Commander, what are you still doing here? This place is dangerous!" (???)

The blonde aircraft carrier from the Eagle Union was the only one who stopped after sawing the Commander.

"Ah, Hornet, what is happening? I just suddenly heard an explosio-" (Y/N)

"Yes, the Sirens have broken into our defenses and are attacking us, come on, I'll get you to a safe place!" (Hornet)

"R-Right, lead the way!" (Y/N)

Along with Hornet, the Commander immediately follows her through the halls of the base.

During the walk to a much safer place, even more explosions could be heard, some of them shaking all the place for their size.

It was also possible to hear the noisy sounds of the AA guns along with some batteries firing, there was probably a total chaos outside.

"This way Commander, I'll get you out of here!" (Hornet)

And those words were almost canceled since one of the explosions started a fire just through the hall where they were about to cross.