Chapter Two-My Birthday

I wake up and jump out of bed. Robbie isn't here, but I don't pay attention to that. I run down the stairs and is met with Monica sipping coffee and leaning against the counter. I sit on the stool next to her and smile at her. She smiles back and finishes her coffee.

"Alright, (Y/N), wait in the living room," she laughs, shooing me away to get something. I obey and sit on the couch. She comes back with a box with two large words on it: (Y/N) (L/N). "Mom wanted you to open it when you're fourteen. Go on, open it."

I slowly unwrap the paper and find a cardboard box. I open the box and find these dolls. One of someone that looks similar to Robbie, and others of strangers, there's even Mom laying underneath them, and then there's this one. He has a green hoodie and blonde hair, two blue eyes with black tears running down, and brown shorts. Right next to it is a green hat. 

My eyes are directed to a bracelet underneath the dolls, and I pick it up to inspect it. It's silver, and it has (Y/N) (L/N) engraved into it. Monica smiles as I put the bracelet on and hug the dolls. I didn't know Mom was good at dollmaking or sewing. She was busy writing stories unless Monica and I needed attention or if it was our once-a-week family night. Those stopped now, but Monica and I sometimes do stuff together. 

I thank Monica and she sits next to me, the TV remote in her left hand and I hugged by her right arm. She turns on the TV and puts on the movie (favorite horror movie). I hold all the dolls in my arms. Monica and I keep looking at the characters dying and have fun despite screaming. My head lays on Monica's shoulder and I scream at a jumpscare. When the credits are over, Monica wraps her arms around me, shivering in fear. It's noon now. 

Monica allows me to put up the dolls, so I run up to my room and place the dolls on the bed. I turn around, about to walk out until I hear a soft thud. The doll in the green hoodie is on the floor, on its side. I put it back on the bed, right next to Mom's doll. I get out of the bedroom and back to Monica. She tells me that we're going camping at a nearby lake and that I should start packing. I walk back up to my room and start packing up some clothes and the dolls. 

"Where're you going?" Robbie asks, scanning at was in put in the backpack. 

"Camping," I answer. 

"Why are you going camping on your birthday?" she asks.

"It's a normal thing for us to do it on my birthday," I answer, finally looking over at her. "I like camping."

"Can I come?" she asks.

"Yeah," I answer in a lighter tone. "It'll be fun, and Monica will get suspicious if you mess around, though."

"I can't control myself!" she whines, giggling with me. 

I breathe out a long sigh and stop when Monica comes in. 

*************

Word Count: 532