Chapter Thirty-Two-Second Home

Had to take a very long mental break. Sorry about the delay, I don't really have much motivation when it comes to creepypasta fanfiction anymore. Other than that, I've also been trying to come up with something else for my extra time (all I do is write when I'm not working on school or having family time). Hope y'all understand, especially if you come from my other fanfictions, but, other than that, have a good day/night!

*******

I wake up to a group of people running around the building. I pick up my notebook and hide in a cubicle until seeing who passes by. A masked man in a yellow hoodie. Something taps my shoulder, and I look up to see a familiar face. Candypop. 

"I found her!" he shouts, his eyes still locked on me. I get up before everyone else on this floor runs to the cubicle I've been hiding in for the last five minutes. 

The faces I can see are filled with worry and calm mixed together, but the one I want to see isn't here. I just stay quiet while they call BEN. According to them, Denis freaked out when he saw me climb up the fence. Hoodie saw me first but couldn't follow me as he had to stick to a mission. At least they found me before he did. 

BEN runs in with red pinpricks in the middle of his black sockets. I don't move, as he almost immediately hugs me when he lays his eyes on me. The whole room is quiet, besides BEN's calm, but loud, breathing. 

After an hour, a small handful of people, BEN, and I are in this unfamiliar house they said is some sort of backup in case somebody, most likely an idiot, finds the mansion and somehow gets away. It's also for my safety, since there's a few complications of people not aware of my existence and Slenderman, who most likely doesn't know me, would kill me on sight. The first thing I did when I got in was take a shower and put on some clothes one of them left out for me. It doesn't bother me that it is a black and neon Stranger Things shirt with ripped blue jeans. 

I walk out of the bathroom with the outfit on and explore the house. There're four bedrooms, six bathrooms, and one of every other room. The house is huge for some people, but the other people seem used to it. It either must've happened before or this is just the place where they can get closer to humans without travelling through the woods; they could also just live here for all I know. 

There's a TV, the news is on, and some of my "roommates" are sleeping like the dead in one of the bedrooms or on either two couches. BEN's probably sleeping in a bedroom, since I don't see him. I lean on the couch, watching the news to put my mind off of my racing thoughts. Toby's snoring just blends into the background, along with the occasional shuffling. After some time, I manage to drift off. 

It's just darkness, but I'm running from something. Nothing makes sense. One minute, it's dark, and the other, I'm in some strange part of town or an isolated grassland. All of it, though, is something I remember either vaguely or fully. I'm even running through my old home, Monica in the kitchen while dream me is somewhere else. I slow down from the lack of breath, and darkness wraps around me from behind. It's hard to breathe while hearing the now constant laughing. I don't remember who's laughing. It's not anyone I know. 

I jolt awake, looking around out of panic. I remember why I'm here and calm down when I see the others still asleep. The TV is still on as well, but I don't focus on that. Not this time. Everything doesn't feel lucid, and my legs are wobbly and feel like I've run a marathon. Did I really run? No, I'm still here, in the exact same place I fell asleep! My legs gain some balance again, and I manage to walk around with a little support from the wall. Nothing's out of place, and nobody else is up. It's four in the morning. I don't know when I fell asleep, and it feels like no time passed for some reason. 

After some time, another person's awake. Masky. Hoodie's not here, he's at the mansion doing some work. We do talk for some time, and he just asks some questions about Denis and my mom and talks about some stuff about work. I don't ask him anything. Surprisingly, we get along for the two hours before the others wake up.

I feel fine now, so nobody seems to be worried. I'm not sick or anything, I was just exhausted for some reason. Nothing else is wrong, luckily. The others, a.k.a. Homicidal Liu; Laughing Jack; Masky; and Kate the Chaser, are having a conversation about numerous things I either don't understand or don't bother to listen. I'm not even talking at this point. I am just not so social. 

BEN's not the socializing type either. He's just standing around the corner, eating a sandwich. 

*******

Word Count: 880