Chapter Thirty-Three-I'm Used to Death, But... (OFFICIAL Final Chapter)

Toby's been switching between this house and Slenderman's. Nobody minds, he's just doing that for work too. I've just been staying inside, either writing or watching TV. Masky just stays on the couch, sometimes with a fruit cup or just watching TV. It's been like this for close to two days now. 

I'm writing while a sudden boom and crash echoes through the house. Loud and clear. It's not Masky, unless Toby got back early and decided to rain unending torment on him. I just run through the house, searching for a hole in the wall or a dead and/or injured person. Either way, that's still going to scare me. There's nothing. 

It came from outside.

Everyone's taking cover behind the walls or living room furniture. There's a small hole in the glass window and an equally small bullet on the floor. Before Liu can even pull me to hide behind the wall, there's another crash and he takes cover. Everything hurts now. I'm on the floor, my side bleeding. I just hold it with one hand while crawling on the floor in search of a firearm. Blood is smeared on the floor and shattered glass as I find a pistol and crawl to the window. Everyone's yelling at me, but I don't hear. I'm focused on only one thing, and one thing only. To finally make Denis stop stalking me.

I reach the window and fire as soon as I see him, hitting him in a few places. Denis falls on the weed-filled sidewalk and doesn't move. My vision fades in and out, until everything is dark. The last thing I can hear is BEN yelling, and then nothing. 

BEN's POV

The whole house is silent. (Y/N)'s still lying on the floor, her eyes blank and open. She has this ghostly smile on her face, the same one she'd show whenever she saw one of us or achieved something. LJ checked outside; Denis is dead. He got shot in the head, the right leg, and the middle of his rib cage. I didn't know (Y/N) had good aiming. 

There's a puddle of blood around her now. She got shot close to the stomach, but the bullet breached her intestines. She was bleeding on the inside and the outside. A painful, but quick, death for her. I just stare at her as if I killed her. Liu keeps mumbling to himself while Masky keeps checking if she's actually alive. She'd still be hearing, since a human's senses and organs fail one at a time when the brain is slowing. 

Everyone is still quiet. I can tell there's only one question in everyone's mind: what the hell are we going to do with the body? It's just a habit. We don't know if she preferred her corpse to be reduced to ashes and placed on a shelf or buried. It's up to Monica, she's (Y/N)'s mother. One of us would have to carry or drag her body all the way to the burned-down house and leave her there. 

Everyone's cold-faced. She was close; everyone talked to her and liked her as a friend. (Y/N) still killed Denis. 

Masky volunteers to take her body to the ashes of the house, and everyone else just stays quiet while cleaning up the blood and glass. He comes back, so does Toby. Toby doesn't ask what happened, he just stares at the two small holes in the window and the blood still on the floor. He seems mortified. He was just as close to her as I was. 

Three months later...

The funeral concludes, Monica and some of (Y/N)'s relatives leave. I just walk to the tombstone and drop her favorite flowers over the others. I also place her notebook in front of the tombstone and walk away after talking to myself about some good memories with her. We were friends for close to three years, but it felt like we were friends for thirty. 

Everyone is fine, but Toby hasn't been talking much. He's really only in his bedroom when he's not on missions or eating something. He'd only take and eat a little bit of food before going on a mission or to his room. Slenderman isn't confused about Jeff having issues either. He's been angry, angrier than whenever he gets his hands on alcohol. He still tries to not take it out on Sally and just punch a wall or kill someone to let his anger out. 

I'm trying to not focus on it, but the notebook always called me back to think about her and to read it. It's full of stories that were actually life changing. I had to put it where it belongs. With (Y/N). She doesn't usually share what's in there, but it's technically her life. 

Her... life...

********

Word Count: 798