Chapter 21.

"W-W-What do you mean?" Meliodas asked about to break down.

"This place is for the souls of the dead, do you know how many souls reside here because of Gabriella? They are feeding off her energy as revenge for them getting killed, once all her energy is drained she will die and stay here with the rest of them, she's probably dead already."

Tears made it's way to Meliodas' cheeks as he gritted his teeth.

"YOUR LYING! NO! SHES NOT-"

"If you don't believe me look how pale she's getting. The longer she stays the longer she-"

"That's enough,"  Diane demanded seeing how broken Meliodas was. "She'll make it out of here just fine! I've known Gabriella for a long time and she's a strong fighter! Stop trying to spill nonsense in The captains head in order to get him to break!"

"Thanks Diane I needed the reassurance,"

"Diane the serpent sin of Envy, your powers can also control the earth as well, perfect with all three of you here," she said swinging her weapon as Meliodas dropped Gabriella and was thrown into a Crystal along with Diane.

"SIR MELIODAS!" Elizabeth yelled running over to Gabriella and picking her up.

"She's so cold," Elizabeth stated as Meliodas got back up.

"SIR MELIODAS SHES NOT BREATHING!"

"What?!" Meliodas questioned.

"PAY ATTENTION!" The unknown holy knight said going after Meliodas but before she could strike Diane used her power.

"CREATION!" She shouted as the knight began sinking in the hole.

Unfortunately she herself back up from the hole.

"WHO ARE YOU?!"

"It's rude of me not to introduce myself. I'm holy knight Guila here to destroy the Seven Deadly sins,"

Diane went to throw a Crystal at her but she blocked it having it explode everywhere and Diane back down on the ground. Meliodas came up beside her his face blank of emotions even  though he was worried as hell for Gabriella.

He needed to get her out of here and fast. Meliodas went to attack Guila but she backed away as she kneeled on the ground with a crater around her when she grabbed onto Meliodas' wrist. She backed several feet from him as she smiled.

"Heard your wife stopped breathing the souls here must be more angrier at her than I thought," she smirked coming at Meliodas.

Meliodas however reflected the blast using Full counter and when the smoke cleared she was just standing there smiling.

"GABRIELLA!" He heard Elizabeth yell.

Before he could look Guila was coming at him again but this time Diane blocked it and was fighting her instead.

"GO SEE WHATS WRONG! I'LL KEEP HER DISTRACTED!"

"Thanks Diane," Meliodas says before running as fast as he could.

"Gabriella, Gabby please hold on!" He could hear Elizabeth say the closer he got.

"Elizabeth what's wrong?"

"Sir Meliodas," Elizabeth cried as she was sniffing.

Meliodas eyes widened as he could see his wife's body fading away. He didn't know what was happening, where she was going. Half her body was already gone as Meliodas dropped to the floor.

"WHAT DO WE DO?!" Elizabeth panicked full on crying.

"Gabby, Ella, Gab, please..... where you going? We need you, I need you," Meliodas croaked out as he crawled over to her. "I love you Gabby, we shouldn't have come here.... Please don't leave me! I can't function without you!"

"M-M-Meliodas," he heard her say very weakly as she opened her tired filled eyes.

"Gabby! What's happening to you?! What's wrong?!"

By now apart of her chest was gone as her head was left to go. She was fading fast and honestly not even Gabriella knows where she's going. She's just really sleepy and fought death so much, there was a period where she wasn't breathing until she was able to get air back into her lungs a few minutes later.

This place was suffocating her, she needed to get away if she wanted to survive.

"I-I-Love you," was the last thing she said before her whole body completely faded away and nothing was left of Meliodas' wife.

Tears dripped down Meliodas' cheeks as she was no longer there. He didn't know if she had died, he didn't know if she was truly gone, or just went back to the reality world because her body couldn't handle being here.

Either way Meliodas heart was bursting, breaking down into tears. He didn't want to feel this, so many emotions was coming through him at once. He could see wet puddle of tears dripping down the spot she used to be at.

"Sir Meliodas what happened to Gabriella? Where did she go?"

Another loud explosion was heard from behind him as he didn't dare turn around. Everything halted however, as Meliodas let out a blood curling scream with Darkness pouring out of him.