The meeting

Washington, D.C., The Pentagon

It was a complete shit show they lost most of their communications within just a few seconds with only a few of their systems still up and running. But right now the secretary of defense is dealing with an issue "What is this" he asked as he motioned to the picture of what seemed to be a giant bridge in the middle of the ocean. "I...I don't know sir but we received this picture from one of the drones you told us to send up to recon for any enemy movement." The secretary of defense leaned back in his chair while he pinched the bridge of his nose "This day keeps getting worse and worse" he paused for a moment "Is it just this one picture or do we have more maybe pictures of their military capabilities if they have any" his assistance flinched at this question "sir the drone was shot down a second later" the secretary of defense could feel a headache coming on "great there already shooting at us" he paused for a moment again rubbing his temple "well where are they located" he opened his eyes again to look at his assistant "about two thousand miles off the east coast sir."
He didn't expect them to be so close  "This is troublesome. I want both the navy and the air force on high alert and I want the president briefed within the next hour" The assistant graded the picture and went to immediately carry out his orders "Yes sir."

Washington, D.C., The Oval Office
President Levi's POV

I was sitting in my office trying to relax after the massive amount of paperwork that I had just finished until my assistant came in "Sir we have a problem." I turned around in my chair to face her and she handed me a picture of what seemed to be a giant bridge "What exactly am I looking at here" I sat the picture down "Mr president this picture was taken about two thousand miles off the east coast by one of are drone before being shot down." 'This is bad hostile forces this close to the mainland. We should try to clear up any misunderstanding with them if we can, damn this is one dangerous gamble.' I picked up the photo and handed it back to my assistant "I want an ambassador to accompany the third Fleet and I want them to make contact with the inhabitants, but if things go south tell them to turn around and head back." 'Hopefully, this can be resolved peacefully' I leaned back in my chair 'This just keeps getting better and better, god I need a drink.'

About 500 miles out from the bridge
3rd fleet, Ambassador William's POV

I was standing on the flight deck of the USS Nimitz staring out into the horizon '''re getting close I should probably go into the control tower and speak with the admiral' making it up the stairs and into the control room I found the admiral "good afternoon admiral" it takes him a few seconds to respond "you too Williams, I was just about to go out onto the flight deck and get you well I guess that saves me the hassle."

Time skip brought to you by an American Titan dunking on a Chinese tank

"Jesus was not even that close to it and it's humongous." I was staring at our destination. To say it was impressive would be an understatement. The admiral seemed impressed too well that was until the radar went off "Sir we have an unidentified bogey approaching at high speeds" The admiral immediately pressed the intercom and ordered everyone to battle stations. I could see it whatever it was it looked like it was gliding on the water but from what I could see it seemed to disengage its boosters as they folded behind its shoulders and slowed down immensely. Then it flew up into the air almost a few feet from landing on the flight deck. Now that I could see it properly it somewhat resembled a Titan just more humanoid and bigger ( for reference Titans are about 20 feet tall while NEXTs are generally 32 feet) it was almost all a blur it closed in so fast by the time I regained myself I could hear the admiral yelling into the radio to hold fire. Both the fleet and the unknown machine stayed in this stand-off until a voice cut threw are radios "This is the pilot of Morrgan you are trespassing on line Ark territory turn back immediately or we will respond with lethal Force"