Dreams of the past

(I don't own anything)
Arteria Carpals/Strayed's pov

Me and Old King knew this was a trap we were prepared to die. We would still be remembered in history even if it wasn't in the limelight as the heroes. But right now we were both fighting for survival. I was taking on Roadie, Lilium Wolcott, and my former master Kasumi Sumika. While Old King was taking on both Otzdarva and Wynne D. Fanchon. My radar goes off as Roadie launches a salvo of missiles at me engaging my boosters I gain enough distance to turn around and shoot his missiles down. Retaliating with a salvo of Kojima missiles Roadie tries to evade but he's too slow the missiles hitting him dead center and engulfing him in a green explosion. His fiery husk smashes into the wall of the Arteria and explodes. One down, turning my attention to Lilium I use my speed to outmaneuver her she may be tanky and can deal a lot of damage with her laser weapons but she's no match for Morrgan's speed. Shattering her primale Armor I focus my aim at her boosters successfully hitting them and slowing her down even more I launch 2 Kojima missiles. Both hitting near her the blast disables her remaining boosters as she sinks into a watery grave. I maneuver Morrgan around to face Kasumi.

"I knew it would come to this, master against apprentice" Silence followed my statement until she finally responded "Strayed surrender now please, if you come back with us we might be able to talk the league into giving you a less severe punishment" I could tell she was desperate, she didn't want to fight her former student. Hell she didn't want any of this she just wished for things to go back the way they were "I'm sorry Kasumi, but that's not going to happen even if I surrender they would just shoot me as soon as I step through their door. These things must be done for humanity" there wasn't a response after that just silence her NEXT lifting its head to look mine in the eyes

She boosted at me at blinding speeds I boosted out of the way and into the air I dodged most of her shots with the ones I wasn't fast enough to dodge bouncing off my Primale Armor. Continuing to dodge, trading blows with her I launch 2 Kojima missiles with only one hitting shattering her Primale Armor. She retaliated by unleashing a full salvo of her energy weapons, it was time to end this I boosted right up to her with my NEXT face-to-face with her my Primale Armor crackling with greenish electricity. The surrounding area is engulfed in a deafening light green explosion, Kasumi's NEXT sliding to a halt while Kojima particles float to the ground around us "Of course... I stood by your side for so long... if it's my time, who better than you to deliver the final blow."

Why....why am I shaking what is this feeling...

I don't have time to be thinking about these things I need to help Old King. I ambushed Wynne D by sneaking up on her and laying down suppressive fire with both my Kojima missiles and a hail of bullets from my rifles. With no more ammo for the rifle in my left hand, I discard it for a laser blade and charge Wynne D cutting her railgun and her right arm off. "Ah there you are lap dog" I hear Old King over the radio as I distance myself so my energy can recharge while Wynne D gets her bearings and stands back up pulling out her energy sword "Come Wynne D show me your reason for fighting" I activate my purple blade and she charges activating her blue blade "you're a god damn monster" locking blades with her as the purple and blue mix together

'god her self-righteousness is so annoying' lifting my right arm I spray my rifle into her legs causing her to fall to the ground and allowing me to cut off her other arm "Strayed You're nothing more than a monster, you say you fight for humanity but you kill millions of innocent people" I raise my rifle to her cockpit "you have a righteous goal Wynne D but in a revolution, blood must be spilled" I empty the rest of the mag into her cockpit. Just one more left and then it's over.

I turn around just in time to see Otzdarva firing a laser through Old King's cockpit. His NEXT falling back and slumping against the wall "I'm sorry friend, I can't help you anymore I'm glad....we got to know each other better..." The lights from his NEXT slowly fade "A rookie LYNX just like you Strayed" Out of pure rage I fire the last of my Kojima missiles only for him to shoot down both of them. The Kojima particles float down around us like snow. "Otzdarva...Maximilian Thermidor no matter what identity you choose you are still a coward, you just want to be remembered you don't care what you do as long as people remember you. You are a coward with a hero complex I will make sure your name is stricken from the history books." I charge at him activating my Assault Armor the huge explosion sends Otzdarva flying I empty the last few rounds of ammunition into his side. Pulling out my other laser blade and activating them both "Come to Otzdarva show me if you still deserve the title of rank 1"

With one quick slash, I disable Otzdarva as he lands on the edge of the sea wall "Strayed...we can talk about this." 'This coward I land in front of him "The time for talk is over Thermidor enjoy your sleep with the fishes" The blade on my right wrist activates "Nononono wait Stray-" The blade goes straight through his cockpit I give the blade a good twist and pull it out pushing Otzdarva over the edge. Watching him plunge into the deep blue.

"STRAYED!!!" I woke up in my bed drawing my pistol on the voice "Wow calm down Strayed it's me" It took me a minute for my vision to adjust it was Fiona Jarnefeldt "Fiona what are you doing in my room" I slid the pistol back into my thigh holster "I have some news, and I've been trying to wake you for the past fifteen minutes" she hands me a cup of water I take a sip of it and my body feels more relaxed "so what's the news" I sit the cup down "he's awake."