Part 18-Angel and Gardenia

" Omma?" Jongdae peeked one eye to the kitchen like a criminal. He scanned the whole kitchen looking for his mother. He pouted when his mother wasn't there. He turned around and started to chant for his mother.

5 good minutes later, his mother still nowhere could be found. Jongdae sighed. As usual, a pout found it's way to his lips. He was sure that he did searched the whole house. Wait. Not the whole house. There's no way she's on the ceiling right? She might be unpredictable but not to that extend.

When he finally gave up, he headed to his room to pick up his phone. He got a message. Probably from Baekhyun. As he was passing his mother's room he heard her voice. Jongdae mentally slapped his brain for not looking for her there. He was just about to turn the knob when he heard something interesting.

" It's not their fault. They were granted with it."

.........

" I'm not being defensive."

..........

" My past had nothing to do with this."

.........

" Stop it Suho. My son did nothing wrong. It was me."

.........

" He don't even know that he's half angel! Stop accusing my son!"

.........

" Go away! Never come again! Stop interfering my life! I'm not an angel anymore!"

What? Did I just hear right? I'm a half angel? Omma was an angel? What's all this?

Jongdae's pupils wandered vogorously. He still couldn't process the shocking news. His perspired hand slipped from the knob. They were shaking. In fact, his whole body did.

Suddenly, the door flew open, revealing his mother, still wearing her grievance face. At the moment she noticed Jongdae, she was too late to cover up when Jongdae spoke first.

" Who were you speaking to?" Jongdae asked. Not looking to her face.

" Jongdae. Let me explain." She stammered.

" What do you mean that I'm a half angel? What!?"

" Jongdae. Listen to me."

" Why you never tell me!? Why!?" His eyes widened. No. He wasn't mad. He wasn't mad that she kept a secret from him but he felt betrayed. Truly betrayed. It's about him. Himself. His life. He had every right to know. For 23 years, he's living the life that he don't even know. What's more sucks than that?

Besides, it's not a bad thing for him to know. Why she needed to hide it from him anyway?

Not leaving a chance for her to explain, Jongdae stormed to his room, grabbed his phone and car key before exiting the house. He ignored his mother's call.

" Yah. Where are you now? " Jongdae asked as soon as the line connected.

" I texted you just now. Don't you read it? Yah. Are you crying? Your voice--" " Just answer me you moron!!" His head was already stuffed with problems. And now this snailhead was really getting on his nerve. " I'm at omma's flower--" With that he ended the call. He started the engine and dashed to mentioned place.

______________

" Shooop..?." Baekhyun looked down to his phone in confusion. " What's wrong with him? He's just fine yesterday." He wandered as he slipped his phone back into his jean's pocket. He picked up back a flower bucket which he put down earlier and bring it to the back.

Their shop's bell tinkled as the door opened, revealing a tall man which Baekhyun recognised in no time. He was their regular customer. He had been visiting their flower shop every week without fail for almost 3 months now. His deep voice echoed as he greeted 'annyeonghasaeyo' which a second later was replied lively by Baekhyun's mother. Baekhyun smile by the view. Or more like he was enjoying the customer's smile. His teeth always shows when he smiles and his round cheeks makes him cuter. Baekhyun not gonna lie that he secretly admired him.

He peeked at them. Okay. He looked at him. He looked at him while arranging some flower in a vase (as a cover up XD). He startled when suddenly the tall man glanced at him for a second before nodding to the woman before him. Baekhyun straightened his back when his mother came to him and said, " Chanyeol wants you to do the bouquet." He nodded slightly, inhaling as much oxygen as he can to tone down his sudden nervous. " Again." She added. With a grin to her mouth. Which immediately brought pink blush to his cheeks. She chuckled while walking away. Yes. She's that kind of open minded person.

Baekhyun shrugged off his mother joke as he walked towards Chanyeol. But she was right though. Since the first time he came to their shop, Baekhyun was the one to do the bouquet. His mother said once, if he came when Baekhyun wasn't around he will only buy a stalk of anykind of flower. But when Baekhyun was around, he will buy a bouquet of 8 stalks usually red carnation or thornless rose or moss rosebud or even white violet.

And now, he requested for as usual, 8 stalks, of daffodil. And strangely a gardenia, wrapped separately. Noticed that his order was quite different, he secretly felt insecure. His heart ached a bit to the thought that Chanyeol might have a girl to give the flower to. Then reality hit him. No way Chanyeol would like him. He didn't looks like to like a same gender.

" Do you need a card?" He asked even usually Chanyeol would say no. But that day. He said yes. Maybe he does have a girl. Baekhyun internal voice echoed.

After writing on the card with wide smile,much to Baekhyun annoyance, and paid for the flowers, Chanyeol left the shop bumping shoulder with Jongdae at the door. Jongdae muttered a sorry before dashed in for Baekhyun.

______________

*10 minutes later*

Baekhyun huffed a gust of air. The man front him just finished his story and some complaints about the secret that his mother had keep for his lifetime. Of course he was caught off guard by the news. Like hello~~ He's befriend with a half angel for almost 20 years and called a former angel as omoni.

" And, do you let her explain?" He mentally face palmed and sighed when the younger latter shook his head and muttered, " Ani. I was shocked. And confused. A-and... I don't know." Jongdae rubbed his plam against his face. He looked up as he felt Baekhyun's hand on his shoulder.

" I know you're upset. But I'm sure omoni have her own reason. Maybe she didn't want you to feel different from other. Or maybe she have to protect you. I don't know. You ask her. Aigoo Jongdae~~ Be mature man." His last sentence gained a chuckle from Jongdae.

" We're closing in 30 minutes." Baekhyun said as he glanced his wrist watch. " Wanna stay or go home first?" He asked widening his eyes. Jongdae pursed his lips for a second before answering " I'll wait."

Baekhyun sat up from his seat and continued his works, leaving Jongdae alone. With him alone there, he didn't know what to do. So he just closed his eyes and slowly inhaled the nice flower scent, filling his chest. And in no time he fell asleep.

______________

" Sir, if you want to sleep here please pay for the electricity."

His eyes flew open with a gasp escaped from his lips. When he realised that it was just Baekhyun he sighed. " Did I fall asleep?" " No dude. You were sewing. How many pairs have you done?" Baekhyun said in sarcasm. " Kaja." He said as Jongdae streched a little.

" Where's omma?" Jongdae asked as Baekhyun was locking the door. " Omma had a delivery to do so she just went home straight after that." " What about you? Wanna ride?" Baekhyun shook his head instead.

" I rode my bike this morning. Oh? What's that?" His eyebros furrowed as he saw something in his bicycle's basket. He gasped as soon as he recognised the thing. A smile crept to his lips in instant. He took the plastic wrap carefully and smelled it.

It was a gardenia.

His smile widened as he read the card.

" Gardenia=Baekhyun.

  Gardenia means you're lovely or secret love.

  You're lovely,Baekhyun and you're my secret love.

  Call me, 010 - XXX XXXX. PCY."

"Aww~~ so cute....who's PCY?" Jongdae asked breaking Baekhyun's smile.

" Yah!! Who told you to read it!!??"  Jongdae sticked out his tongue and laughed afterward, much to Baekhyun's embarrassment. Feeling the blush started to crept to his cheeks he hurriedly hop on his bike and pedalled away.

________________

A/n: *sincerely bows* I know this is not my best chapter and i'm sorry for that.....SOOOOO I put BAEKYEOL as bribe xD

Am I forgiven? *puppy eyes*

Hahaha :3

VOTE

COMMENT

THANKS