Part 25- Baekhyun's Help

Jongdae slumped himself on the couch just like yesterday. His hands were crossed across his chest. Sharply he glanced to the kitchen. What's with his kitchen and lovebirds? Yesterday was Kyungsoo and Yejin. Now the diva and his yoda is making dinner in the kitchen. Well, more like it was only Chanyeol who was doing the cooking as Baekhyun said something about 'a fab has to take care of his fingers' so he just helped with the mess Chanyeol made from preparing the ingredients.

Baekhyun cracked some lame jokes but Chanyeol still laughed. He snickered a little bit too loud that Baekhyun noticed it. The diva turned to him and showed a fist and honestly, it wasn't threatening at all.

Rolling his eyes, he plugged in his earbuds and shuffled random songs in his library.

______________

His eyes fluttered open as a hand shook his shoulder.

"Dinner is ready, "

He let out a soft groan as he stretched. He didn't realised he had fallen asleep while waiting. Still hazy, he followed Baekhyun to the kitchen. Even slightly tripped at the fluffy end of the carpet. Baekhyun laughed. He would let out obcenities to him if only he had them in his vocabulary.

The dinner was fast cleared and Jongdae back to his position on the couch. He randomly browsed for something interesting on the web to distract him from thinking too much. But moments later he just stared blanky at the bright screen. He didn't even realised the screen had turned black. Obviously he was lost in thought again.

From the kitchen Baekhyun looked at him with sad eyes. His feeling was undescribeable. Jongdae said he would be fine and he really hoped he would be really fine. Stupid of him, he should know Jongdae wouldn't be fine. He's a deep person. He wouldn't let a thing just make a transit at him and go away. And this time, it didn't just affected him. It changes him. He didn't know what to do. He wanted to help him but they are not always together. He was delighted when Chanyeol told him he wanted to go to Seoul and offered him to tag along. Now seeing Jongdae's condition, he knew he must do something during his few days stay there to help him.

"Hey Hyunnie.. " Chanyeol called as he placed both his hands on his lover's shoulder. He smelled the scent of Baekhyun's hair;strawberry
and honey. He loved it like this. Beakhyun's frame is small but fits perfectly to his hold and he wished he never have to let go.

"What's bugging you?" He massaged Baekhyun's shoulder; loosening his tensed muscles. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Jongdae's getting up from his seat and his palms trembled a bit. But that was definitely not him.

"Going to sleep already?" Baekhyun asked as Jongdae passed before them. His steps stalled for a second; just to nod then proceeded to his room. The trembling became harder and in no time Chanyeol was enveloped in a tight hug. The smaller guy was crying since Chanyeol felt his shirt became a little wet at the front. He brought his hand to the smaller's waist and the other one soothing his back. He hushed him in a gentle manner.

"I'm a bad friend. I-I'm a bad friend. I-I " In a second he was in sobbing mess. His body shook harder.

"Hey. Hey look at me." He cupped Baekhyun's face and crouched a bit to level their eyes. "Don't cry. Don't punish yourself." He whispered but Baekhyun sobbed harder. "I'm s-supposed to help him. B-but I did n-nothing." Using his thumb, he wiped Baekhyun's tears. "You still have time. Help him while we are here. Okay?"  Baekhyun sniffled and wiped his tears by the back of his hand. "Okay." Came out as whispers. Chanyeol smiled.

"Now let's sleep shall we? You look like a mess."

Baekhyun shook his head instead. 'I wanna take a bath first. Feel like shit."

"Need my help?" Chanyeol grinned somewhat creepy.

He gasped. Before he could use his smart mouth Chanyeol already halfway to the guest room. "Pervert." He mumbled feeling the blush crept to his cheeks.

___________________

"No way I'm gonna eat your food. Your cooking sucks." Baekhyun's bitching around since Chanyeol left that morning, which was almost one hour ago. The triple woke up late and Chanyeol was already late for his seminar so he didn't managed to make something for them.

"At least I know how to cook." Jongdae deadpanned from the kitchen. Baekhyun made something like screeching sound to show his disagree. Jongdae rolled his eyes. Sometimes. No. Scratch that. Most of the times, handling Baekhyun are no such as hassle. Chanyeol is amazing. He must say that.

"Remind me why we are friends again?" Jongdae asked rising his left brow.

"I want bagel."

"Huh?"

"I want bagel. I'm hungry."

Rolling his eyes he headed to his room. "Suits yourself Baek."

___________________

Yixing handed a customer's hot chocolate and thanked her. Her cheeks dusted with pink as Yixing's finger grazed with hers. He smiled and drifted his attention to the door as a new customer entered. His green coloured hair caught his interest. Strangely it looks good on him. Plus the smile he showed made him looks cuter than a man could be. He chuckled. People nowadays.

°°

Baekhyun walked into the cafe feeling giddy. Heh. Somehow feeling proud he managed to snatch one of Jongdae's card before he left for his schedule. Nah. He won't use it much anyway. He was really craving for bagel and buying few won't make Jongdae homeless.

The dimpled barista greeted him and took his order. After a swipe he sat at the most corner table; isolating himself. He needed to think what he must do to help his bestfriend. However his brain refused to cooperate. He took a deep breath. Maybe he need to fill his rumbling stomach first. Yup. (A/n: you're just hungry Baek ╮(╯▽╰)╭ )

After few minutes, the dimpled barista from earlier came with his order. What he didn't expect was the barista to sat at his table.

________________

That night, Jongdae returned home feeling tired as usual. And first thing that greeted him was Baekhyun cuddling on the couch with Chanyeol. He sighed but Baekhyun showed him his cheeky grin instead. Jongdae made his way to the single sofa, purposely stepping on Baekhyun's toes as he passes him.

He closed his eye; letting himself drifted by the sound from television and Baekhyun and Chanyeol barely audible conversation.

His eyes shot open as the bell rang. "Baek." He groaned. "Did you ordered something?" He continued but the diva ignored him. "Chanyeol. Can you ple-" Baekhyun hurriedly intertwined his limbs with Chanyeol's. Chanyeol shrugged giving him apologetic look. With a groan he got up from his seat and dragged his heavy feets to the door. But not before he threw a cushion to Baek's head.

He opened the door without looking into the small hole; he was too tired to think.

And what he saw in front of his door really made his mind went paralyzed.

"Jongdae." The voice called. And his mind went to heaven.

________________

A/n: Hey guys I'm still aliveeeeee!! *^O^*

Vote.

Comment.

Thanks.