Knight

If a song pops up, listen as you read.

I laughed as I ran through the village, stealing an apple from the trading center and running through town.

It was raining and I loved every second of it.

I danced in the rain, getting weird looks from the people around.

I swiped a wine bottle away from a wagon that was heading out and popped it open, drinking from it.

You see, today is my eighteenth birthday. Usually girls my age would love to be eighteen, but me, I hate it.

This is the time my parents get to wait for men to come my way and offer money to basically buy me off of them.

I just wanted to be free, I didn't want to marry and I didn't want to be tied down.

I wanted to travel, find lovely sights, not to be tied down and turned into a house wife.

Everyone had already labeled me as the most beautiful maiden in all of the lands, so it was just a matter of time before my family found a high enough number.

I was meant to be at home and at my birthday party where I would be meeting possible candidate as a husband, but fuck them.

"Hey!" A guard pointed at me, making me laugh and throw the wine on the ground before jumping on the nearest horse.

"Thanks!" I thanked the woman who had just got off of it and rode off into the distance.

No one's POV
Mike Jauregui, the king of the lands was laying on his death bed.

Princess Lauren, nearly Queen Lauren had just arrived and was startled by the young woman who had taken her horse and rode off.

Surely her guards would find her.

"She's the mischievous maiden from Yorktown. Always getting into trouble and causing havoc," Clara chuckled, brushing it off.

"So, we're just going to let her get away with it? Mother, that's not okay! We must find her and at least put her in a holding cell to knock some sense into her! How old is she, anyway?"

(G!P Lauren)

"She's eighteen, today actually. This must be her little way of celebration. Leave her be, Lauren," Clara coughed, waving her daughter off.

Both the king and queen had fallen ill, Mike dying of some kind of illness while Clara had a common cold that turned into something else.

Both weren't doing well and Lauren was giving orders, slowly transitioning into the Queen herself.

"Lauren," the young woman rushed to her father's side when he began to cough, spitting up blood.

She wiped his lips, wiping the tear that fell down his cheek.

"Is that the girl again?" He asked, pointing to his newspaper.

Most of these days they were filled with the girl and her acts of mischief.

Today she made the headlines by stealing, running away from guards, and even taking Lauren's horse.

"Yeah, I'll fix it, dad. I promise,"

"No, Lauren. I want you to find that girl," he coughed once more.

"Find that girl and I want you to marry her,"