Rewrite

I kind of can't believe that I'm gonna be doing this, but this book and the previous ones need to be rewritten. This book and the first three books are gonna be going through some major changes that I am currently in the process of working on.

My reason for wanting to change this series is because as I write Prince of Nightmares (Tristan's story), I'm realizing that this series is becoming more in depth than I originally planned. I started this series back in 2015, and it's come farther than I ever anticipated. As I keep writing, the series loses its fairytale charm. The first book I wrote and finished in this series was Once, which focuses heavily on fairytales. This aspect of the series will be erased completely. Prince of Nightmares and Dragonbane (Casimir's younger brothers story) don't have any fairytale representation at all, and I actually prefer this. I like fairytales, but I like creating my own world more and not using those references.

I also wrote this book in 2017, and I think I've grown a lot since then. I think that I can make this book much better than it is now. There's also the fact that as I write Tristan's story, I'm seeing what his motivation for being the 'antagonist' is in this story. Some people have pointed out that Tristan feels like a random antagonist and that's 100% true. He doesn't have that much depth in this book. In his story, he's a more fleshed out character and not some random dude that had bad things happen to him. When I rewrite this story, I want people to feel for him more because he's not a bad guy. He's just misguided and heartbroken.

It will be a while before I rewrite this story, but I wanted to give everyone a heads-up about my plans. I will have to write the first three books first, which will take some time. I want each book to be longer and have a more in depth storyline. Writing does take me a bit of time, so I'm hoping that by the beginning of next year I can start working on this book again.

Thanks for checking this note out and I hope y'all are cool with my plans. And sorry for rambling. This has been on my mind for a while and I wanted to get my thoughts out. I'm also really tired, so there's that ╮(. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)╭