The Island

Logain heard his parents fighting again. He listened from the other side of the door as they argued about the same thing that they were fighting over the last time. This time seemed different, though. His mother sounded angrier than last time.

At the age of six, Logain didn't understand why his parents fought. It wasn't like they fought a lot, but they were more than usual. It confused him. He asked Sebastian about it once. Sebastian was three years older than him, but the boy didn't know where his parents were. He told Logain that parents fought sometimes and sometimes when they fought they would leave. He said that he was speaking from experience.

He met Sebastian two years ago. Sebastian was wandering alone when Logain's parents found him. They took him in and since then he has been staying with them. Logain and Sebastian quickly became friends. It was hard to separate the two of them.

Logain listened some more to what his parents were saying.

"James, listen to me. It isn't safe here anymore. Someone is killing young boys on the island. We have to go." Logain's mother sounded desperate. She sounded like she was about to cry. Logain didn't like hearing his mother sound like that.

"Marianne, we can't leave. This island is the only thing keeping our son alive. If we take him away from here, then the curse will start to kill him again. Do you really want that to happen to him?" His father, James, said.

"I would rather he dies at an old age from the curse than at such a young age by the hands of a murderer. If we don't get him away from here, then he will be killed. Whoever is doing this is killing Lost Boys. They grow up and once they get too old then they are killed. I noticed this happening. You can't pretend like you don't notice it, too."

Curse? What were they talking about? Logain knew that they were talking about him, but he knew nothing about a curse. His parents didn't tell him about this. Maybe he wasn't old enough to understand what was going on, but he wanted to know.

"We don't even know if the murders are real. These are just rumors that have been spreading. We don't visit the island much while we're at sea," his father said.

It was true that they didn't go to the island much. They were normally on the ship, but they went to the island for supplies. That was where Logain met the Lost Boys and Peter Pan. They were his friends, so he was sad to hear that someone out there was killing them. He couldn't believe that someone would do something so evil.

His mother sounded really mad now. "You think that it isn't real? Young boys are dying and you want to act like this isn't happening. You know what James, fine. You can stay here for as long as you want, but Logain is coming with me. I am taking him away from this place and you will do nothing to stop me."

Logain stopped listening. His mother was going to take him away from this place? He didn't want to leave the island. This was his home. He was born here. It was the only place that he had ever known. His mother couldn't take him away.

He ran away from the door. He needed to find Sebastian. The other boy was in his own room. When Logain ran inside, Sebastian looked up at him worriedly. Logain was starting to cry, which only made Sebastian worry more.

"Hey, what's wrong? Did something happen?" Sebastian didn't have to stand up from his bed to go over to comfort the boy. Logain darted over to him and threw him arms around Sebastian.

Logain hugged Sebastian as he cried into his chest. His voice came out mumbled as he said, "My mom's going to take me away from here. I don't wanna go."

Sebastian held onto the boy and patted his back. "I'm sorry, Logain. I know that it's going to be hard, but you will be fine. Your mom is trying to do what is best for you."

"But I'm scared. I will be leaving my home and all of my friends behind. My dad isn't coming either. My mom said to Dad that he can stay here."

"Don't be afraid, Logain. I will be here to protect you. I will stay by your side forever and I will make sure that you stay safe. You have nothing to fear." Sebastian promised himself that he would take care of Logain. He didn't know why Logain's mother wanted to take him away, but Sebastian would go with them. He would watch over his friend.

A few minutes afterward, Marianne found both boys in Sebastian's room. Sebastian was still holding Logain. She gave them a small smile and said, "Logain, we're leaving."

Her words made Logain start to cry once again. "Mom, I don't wanna go. I wanna stay here with Sebastian."

"It's going to be okay. I'll go with you." Sebastian looked up at Marianne. "Can I go with you? I think that it'll be better if I am with him."

Marianne nodded. It would be best for Logain to have a friend. He wouldn't have anyone else as he grew up. His mother knew that the curse would take over, but this was better for Logain. They needed to leave so that she could keep him safe, at least for a little while. She was sad that James wouldn't be going with them. If he did, then he would die. This island was keeping him alive. It prevented people from aging once they reached a certain age. If James left, then he would age again. After all, he was only human.

Marianne took the two boys away from the island. They didn't have the chance to say goodbye to Logain's father or any of his crew.

----

It's pretty obvious that this bonus is about Logain's childhood when he was taken away from his father and home. Logain does come back here later on in his life, but I've already written that. That part of the story can be found in my book called Upon A Time, so I won't be rewriting that in this story.