Chapter 2

Once they teleported away from the castle, Logain and Sebastian found themselves standing outside of what looked to be a simple inn. It was in the middle of nowhere, the closest village miles away. He could hear loud noises coming from the front door. There was the sound of people laughing. It sounded like there were a lot of people having a good time.

Why would the prince be here? This place was below the prince's standards. The prince would have went somewhere fancy, not a dump like this. Sebastian must have taken him to the wrong place. The prince certainly wasn't here.

"Prince Casimir should be inside. When you find him and convince him to come back with you, call for me. I will be by your side in an instant. For now, though, I'm going to get out of here. This place makes me uncomfortable." With that, Sebastian snapped his fingers and disappeared.

Logain was dumbfounded. Did Sebastian seriously leave him here all by himself? He didn't know what he would say to convince the prince to come back with him. Hell, out of all of the times that he has seen the princes of the castle he doubted that he would recognize them if he saw them again. Whenever he went to the castle he only ever saw glimpses of them. They were normally doing something else and didn't have time for him. Not like he wanted them to notice him. He only ever went to the castle to see Sebastian and Selene.

He took a deep breath, then walked up to the inn. He pushed the doors open and made his way inside. Where would he start to look first? Someone here might know something about the prince. His best bet was to check with the bartender. They would know the customers that came here. If the prince came here often then he shouldn't be too hard to find with a bit of help.

As he walked up to the bar, Logain caught a glimpse of something that unsettled him. He looked at what managed to catch his attention. There were two women sitting close together. They looked like they could be gossiping, but when Logain looked closer he saw that wasn't the case. One of the girls had a hand on the other girls thigh suggestively as she leaned in for a kiss.

Logain looked away before he saw her kiss the other girl. His face was starting to heat up from what he almost witnessed. Where the hell did Sebastian drop him off? When he glanced around, he saw that this was a common thing here. Men with men, women with women. There were no women and men together. Everyone was with the same gender.

Damn. He walked into a gay bar.

Logain never knew that a place like this existed. In this day and age, people hid this side of themselves. They pretended like they weren't like this, but here these people were doing so freely. They didn't care that others saw them with the same gender. The people here looked happy. Seeing these people so happy made Logain's chest tighten up. He could have been happy like these people, but instead he chose to hide this side of himself. He would die soon, anyway. It wasn't like it mattered much anymore.

If the prince was in a place like this then did that mean that he was . . . ?

Logain needed to find the prince fast so that he could get out of here. He didn't want to be in this place for a moment longer. He had seen enough and he didn't want to start having strange feelings. This part of his life was over. He missed his chance to be with someone. He waited so long to be with Sebastian even though he knew that was hopeless. Still, he held out and was heartbroken in the end. It was his fault that he didn't get the chance to experience love.

A woman was the one working behind the bar when he finally reached it. There weren't many people sitting at the bar. Most of them were busy with the other people, so this gave Logain the perfect opportunity to speak to the woman without too many people listening in.

The woman gave him a smile when he took a seat in front of her. She was dressed provocatively, most likely for the women in this inn. The way she dressed flustered Logain. Whenever he saw women dressed in such a way he wished that they would cover up. He could use his magic to fix that, if only it wouldn't hurt him in the end. He normally used his magic so that he didn't have to see women in such a way.

"Can I get you something, sweetie?" she asked. She was offering to get him a drink, but he wasn't interested in that sort of thing.

He shook his head. "No, I'm just looking for someone."

Before he could give her a name she cut in with a smirk on her face. "What type are you looking for? There are plenty of men here that you can choose from. Rooms are upstairs, but you have to pay first before you use them."

Logain gaped at her. Was she suggesting what he thought she was? The thought made him blush even more. "N-no, that's not what I'm here for."

He looked down at the ground. This was not going how he intended. All he needed to do was give her a name and then she might be able to point him in the right direction. It was so simple, but he didn't want her thinking that he wanted to see the prince for something unspeakable. He didn't understand how people could act this way so freely. He could never do something like this. Not when he knew how people would treat him if they ever found out. People treated his bad enough when they learned what he was. Warlocks weren't a welcome sight, nor were gays. Everything that he was people considered wrong.

"How can people act this way?" Logain muttered. He didn't mean to say the words out loud. He didn't want to offend the woman or anyone around him.

She raised an eyebrow at him. "Oh, I see. You're one of those people. You're still too scared to face society with how you are, so you pretend that you're not like us. A few of you come in a night. Let me tell you, honey, pretending that you're not like this will make you miserable. I can see it all over your face. You're not happy keeping it inside."

She shocked Logain. Was it really that easy to see? Normally people couldn't tell that he was this way, not unless he told them. Only people close to him knew. A few times he couldn't control his feelings around Sebastian so that gave it away, but usually he was careful. If people knew then they would hate him.

"People shun me for being this way. They haven't accepted us yet. I've had a fair share of people treat me harshly for it. It hurts, but I think it's easier to keep it inside than to have people hate me," he admitted. It was easy to talk to this woman. Perhaps it was so easy because she was like him. She would understand.

"Don't worry about what everyone thinks. When you listen to society, they will try to make you into something that you're not. Being straight like them won't make you happy. You're miserable, kid. I knew that the moment I saw the look on your face. Since you're here, you might as well enjoy yourself. No one here will judge you for what you are. Go and have some fun. As a matter of fact, there's someone coming over here now." She glanced behind Logain, a wicked smile lighting up her face.

He didn't have a chance to look behind him to see who she was talking about. He didn't have a chance to react when a man put an arm around his shoulders. He looked at Logain, a mischevious grin on his face. He was a good looking blond man. Logain glanced at him briefly, before looking away. He recognized him. He didn't see him much at the castle, but somehow he remembered him.

"Prince Casimir, your sister asked that I bring you home," Logain said.

Prince Casimir frowned at him. "Oh. I thought that you were just a cute boy that I could spend the night with, but I see that my sisters husband sent someone else to bring me home. I'm not going back yet."

He removed his arm from around Logain, but before he could walk away Logain grabbed his coat sleeve. He was not letting this prince walk away so easily. His face was burning at the prince's comment about him being cute, but he pushed that thought aside. That wasn't important right now.

"I'm not letting you go so easily. Sebastian, could you come get us now?" Logain held onto the prince and called for his friend, but he didn't come like he said that he would. He tried again to no avail. "Dammit, I'll just do this myself."

This was a stupid idea. He would get himself killed by doing this, but right now he just wanted to leave. He would not chase this prince around and try to convince him to go back with him. If he had to force him home then he would do just that. Logain could feel his magic ready to be commanded. He cast the spell that would bring them both back to the castle.

Instead of being transported to the castle, Logain was thrown into a fit of coughing. He let go of the prince and fell to his knees. The coughing only got worse. Soon, there was blood. His body was rejecting the magic. He pushed himself to the limit this time. That small spell would cost him his life.

Someone was grabbing him, but he didn't know who it was. He heard shouts for help and soon he was thrown into darkness.