Chapter 15

Walking alongside the prince had become quite awkward for Logain. He couldn't get the kiss off of his mind. He tried to think about something else, but his mind always wandered back to the kiss. He was starting to get mad at himself for thinking about it. He wasn't in love with Casimir so such a thing shouldn't be on his mind. It was wrong.

"Are you still mad at me? I said that I was sorry." The silence was bothering the prince as well. He couldn't take back what he had done. At the time, he didn't see any harm in it. The warlock was overreacting in his opinion.

Perhaps he was acting like a child about this. The prince didn't mean to anger him, he knew that. He wasn't really mad at Casimir anymore, but at himself. He couldn't get the thought out of his head, and deep down he knew that he wanted more than just a kiss. That was something that he could never tell the prince, though.

Logain shook his head. "I'm fine. I'm not mad at you anymore."

The first part was obviously a lie. He was far from being fine. Prince Casimir managed to stir up feelings inside of him that he only ever felt for Sebastian. These were the same as when he first started to fall for Sebastian . . . Maybe he was only feeling this way because of the kiss. Prince Casimir did steal his first kiss from him. That had to be the reason why. It was too early for him to start feeling anything romantic towards him. This was just a crush that wouldn't last for long. Once Casimir returned to the castle, then things would go back to normal. Any feelings that Logain had would die with him.

"If you're not mad at me, then why won't you speak to me? You have been quiet all morning. If I'm not the one bothering you, then what is?" Casimir wouldn't drop this so easily. It wasn't like Logain to be so quiet. Even when they first met he normally had something to say.

"Nothing's wrong! Now drop it." Logain lashed out. He regretted it instantly. The hurt look that the prince gave him made his heart ache. Instead of apologizing like he should have, Logain picked up his pace.

He felt stupid for acting in such a way. He was acting so childish, but he couldn't find it within him to apologize. He wanted to put some distance between him and the prince. Maybe if he was far enough away from him, then he wouldn't feel this way anymore. Why did he have to develop such feelings now? He only ever thought that he would feel like this for Sebastian. Why did this have to happen at the end of his life?

It wasn't fair.

While stuck in his thoughts, Logain wasn't watching where he was going. His mind was elsewhere until he ran into someone in front of him.

"I'm sorry," Logain apologized. He ran into a woman. She had a sword strapped to her thigh and four men were standing behind her. From the look of them, he could tell that these were people that he didn't want to get involved with. Logain backed away from them, but before he could get too far the woman grabbed his wrist. He didn't struggle. He didn't want to give them any reason to turn on him.

"Where are you going, sweetie? We don't mean you any harm," the woman said.

Yeah, Logain doubted that very much. These people looked like they were more than willing to harm him if they were given the chance. Too bad he didn't have his magic or else he would have been out of this situation by now. He knew what these type of people were like. They were bandits.

Prince Casimir caught up to them seconds afterward. When he saw the woman holding onto Logain, he asked, "What is going on here?"

The prince showed up at the wrong time. His clothing showed off that he was from a family of wealth and power, something that these bandits took an interest in. Normally bandits would steal from their victims and be on their way, but Logain could tell that something else was on their mind. Their plan would get them much more gold.

"Well, this certainly turned out interesting. A prince is among us. I thought that we could make some money off of this one, but you'll do just fine." The woman didn't have to command her men to grab Casimir. They did so without her instruction. Prince Casimir didn't try to escape, either. The woman smirked when she saw this. "This turned out easier than I thought. Why aren't you trying to get away?"

"There is no point. If I try to escape, you'll have your goons chase after me. Besides, I'm not going to leave Logain alone with you. I will never leave him." Casimir looked her in the eyes.

"How precious . . . Who is your father, boy?"

"King Lucas," Casimir responded proudly. Logain was shocked that he gave that information away. That was something that he should have kept to himself. Now they would be able to go through with their plan.

Her smile faltered a little. King Lucas wasn't someone to be messed with, but they couldn't let the prince and his friend go now. "Very well. Let's see how much your father is willing to pay for your release. Don't try anything. We won't let either of you escape."

The bandits pulled the two of them to their cart that was hidden within the woods. They threw both of them in the back where everything else that they had stolen was kept. They didn't bother to bind their hands. Neither of them made any attempt to escape.

"You should have tried to leave without me," Logain said the words only loud enough for Casimir to hear. The prince could be safe if he would have left. It was his fault for getting the prince in this mess. If he would never have stormed off then they would both be fine.

"Like I said, I will never leave you. I care about you too much." Prince Casimir grabbed Logain's hand.

He cared about him? Logain wasn't expecting to hear those words. It warmed his heart, but at the same time, it made his heart hurt. Once they made it to the castle, their journey would be over. The way things were turning out, it looked like it would be over sooner than expected.

----

I'm so sorry for not updating in what, almost two weeks? Honestly, I lost motivation. Every time I tried to update I would end up erasing everything that I wrote. Nothing sounded right and I'm still not sure where to go from here. If you guys have any ideas, then let me know! If there's something that you guys want to see in this story then please share! I'd love to hear everyone's ideas and maybe I'll choose your ideas to be featured in here (;

As always, thanks so much for reading!