Chapter 21

A week passed by without anyone coming to save him. Logain didn't expect for Casimir to find him the day that he was captured, but he had hoped. He hoped that the prince was looking for him and that he didn't believe that Logain left him on purpose.

He could feel himself growing weaker by the day. The day before, he lost his ability to walk. Tristan let him out of his cage after two days went by. He let Logain wander the castle, but he was always watching him. Logain didn't have any intention to escape. He thought about it the first few days, but he figured that he wouldn't get very far. Tristan had powers and he did not. Without the use of his legs now, escape on his own was impossible.

Logain sat on the ground within the garden. Tristan came here every day to attend to the garden. It was the only part of this castle that wasn't decayed and it was the only place that Tristan took care of. When Logain asked why that is, Tristan told him that this was the king's secret meeting place with him. Even though he killed the king, Logain could tell that Tristan still loved him. He wouldn't have taken care of this place otherwise.

After Tristan was finished tending to the flowers, he walked back over to Logain and picked him up. Logain didn't like being held like this, but he didn't have much of a choice. Whenever Tristan left somewhere of the castle he would always take Logain with him. He knew that he couldn't escape, but Tristan didn't want to risk missing Logain's death.

"Don't drop me this time," Logain said.

Tristan scowled at him. "I only dropped you twice. I'm not exactly the strongest person you know."

"I'm not even that heavy. I'm practically skin and bones at this point. You should have no trouble carrying me." Logain didn't care that Tristan dropped him those two times. He was only making fun of him now. He didn't have much time left to live and he didn't plan on being completely miserable during the time that he had. He was sad that he wouldn't get the chance to see Casimir again, though. One last time to say goodbye wasn't a lot, but it was better than leaving without getting the chance to say anything.

It looked like he would never have the chance to say goodbye.

"If you ever see Prince Casimir again, could you tell him that I said goodbye? He knows that I won't be around for much longer, but I want him to know that I was thinking about him until the end." This was better than nothing. This was better than never getting the chance to say anything at all.

"If I see him again, then I'll tell him."

"Thank you." Logain rested his head against Tristan's shoulder. He was barely moving, but he still felt so weak. Today was the worst one of them all. He had a feeling that he only had a few hours left if that.

Tristan walked them back to the throne room. There wasn't much to do around the castle, but Tristan always came here. He would sit upon the throne for hours and think. It was boring to Logain, just sitting there and waiting for something to happen. For Tristan, it was different. He sat upon the throne and thought about the time before when the kingdom was still thriving. No matter how much he thought about those times, he could never get over the memories.

Once they entered the throne room, they were surprised to see three people standing within. For a whole week, Logain waited for them to show up. He expected only to see one of them, but he was happy that they all came.

"Prince Casimir!" Logain would have run up to him if he could. He was stuck in Tristan's arms and even if he wanted to he wouldn't have been able to make it very far on his own.

Both Red and Sebastian were also there with the prince. All of them came to find him. He hoped for Casimir to come, but he was glad to see his two friends with him. They really did care about him.

Tristan put Logain down on the ground before walking towards the three. He didn't try to stop the prince as he rushed passed him to get to Logain's side. Instead, his attention was focused on the other two. They posed a threat more than the prince did.

Once Casimir reached Logain, he kneeled on the ground before him and embraced him. "I'm going to get you out of here. Sebastian and Red will distract him while we escape."

"Casimir, I can't. I can't walk anymore. The curse is almost complete. I'm going to die today, I can feel it. There won't be much of a point trying to get me out of here." Logain could feel death approaching. The feeling was getting stronger.

"You're not going to die. I am still going to give my life to save you. I will do anything if it means keeping you in my life longer."

"Casimir . . . I love you."

"Don't say that like you'll never have the chance to again. You're going to be fine, Logain. You're going to make it out of this alive."

Before Logain had the chance to respond, the chance to tell him that this would be the end, they were both startled by the loud crashing noise that came from behind them. They turned to face the noise only to see the other three fighting. Red and Sebastian worked together to take down Tristan. Red tried to cut Tristan down with her swords and Sebastian used his magic, but Tristan was just as powerful. The magic he received from the Undead King made him stronger than most normal warlocks. Sebastian might have been powerful, but he wasn't nearly as powerful as Tristan was. Red was also strong, but not because of magic. Years of being an assassin taught her how to be strong in different ways.

His friends could handle themselves in battle, but there was no way that they would be able to defeat Tristan as they were. He was too powerful, even for the both of them. Fighting him as he was would be hopeless. There was no way that Tristan would let them win so easily. He wasn't about to let them take Logain away from him.

Logain felt a sharp pain in his chest. The pain was so unbearable that he let out a harsh cry. Whatever it was felt like it was crushing his heart. So this was what it felt like when a warlock dies. This was what the curse did when it claimed a victim.

Logain's pain made Tristan turn around. That brief distraction was all that Red needed. With Tristan's back now to her, she plunged her sword through him.