Chapter 14

It was dark out by the time Logain opened his eyes again. Prince Casimir was sleeping, but now Logain was wide awake. The prince still had his arms around him, but Logain was hardly paying attention to that. Something else caught his eye.

A light was shining in the barn with them. The orb was about as small as the fairies that they had encountered earlier, but this one seemed different. The blue light that shined wasn't a fairy. It was almost as if this blue light hypnotized him. Casimir's arms might have still been around him, but Logain was able to easily pull out of his grip. He followed the light as it led him out of the barn.

He didn't know where the light was taking him, but he didn't really care. Something about this light attracted him. He heard stories about a blue light before . . . It attracted magical beings, didn't it? His mind was hazy because of what this light was doing to him. He couldn't think straight as he followed it.

The blue light led him through the forest. It avoided the lake of fairies. There was a reason why it did this, but Logain could not think of it. He was getting annoyed with himself from not being able to think of the tale. He knew it. What the hell was this light doing to him?

He couldn't pull himself away from it either. As much as he wanted to escape its clutches, he couldn't. Hopefully, Casimir would wake up soon. Wherever this light was taking him would not be somewhere good. He had a feeling that something bad would happen if he wasn't rescued soon.

He felt useless that he wasn't able to save himself. If he had his magic, he might be able to break through whatever this light was doing to him. In the state he was in, he couldn't get free on his own. Before he could do this on his own. He never needed someone to save him. He was once a very powerful warlock, but now he was reduced to this.

He continued to walk through the forest until something grabbed him and held him back. His eyes never left the blue light. In his tranced state, he wanted to follow it, but now he couldn't. He tried to pull away from whatever was holding him back.

"Logain, stop. What's gotten into you?" He heard Casimir's voice, but it wasn't processing.

Casimir could see that the blue light was hypnotizing him. He could see that the other man's eyes were clouded over. It didn't affect the prince at all. He could see the light, but it did nothing to his mind.

The prince let out a sigh. The warlock wasn't focusing on him. Speaking to him didn't get him out of his trance. Casimir wasn't sure what would, but he had an idea. He would most likely regret this later when Logain was back to himself. He didn't know what else to do, though.

"Please, don't hate me because of this," Casimir muttered.

Logain was still looking at the light, but Casimir forced the man to look at him. He sighed once more before kissing him on the lips. Almost instantly, Logain was back to his normal self. At first, he was confused by what was going on. He knew that he had been after a blue light and that he heard the prince's voice. Now he was face to face with the prince and he was kissing him. After the initial shock of what was transpiring, Logain tried to pull away from Casimir.

The prince didn't let him go right away. He held Logain in place until the blue light faded. With the blue light gone, Logain wouldn't fall back into the trance. When it was gone, Casimir let him go. The warlock backed away from the prince. His heart was beating fast and all he wanted to do was put some distance between them. The prince kissed him. They barely knew each other, yet he had the nerve to do something like that. He could have simply held him back until the light was far enough away from them. He didn't need to do something so preposterous.

"Why the hell did you do that?" Logain asked. He knew why, but that did not justify his actions.

"You were following that thing. You kept trying to go after it. I didn't know what else to do to make you stop," Casimir answered honestly.

"Bullshit. You could have done something else to make me stop. You didn't need to do that. But I guess that was a convenient excuse for you to kiss me, wasn't it? Don't ever do that to me again or you will regret it." Logain crossed his arms in front of his chest. He didn't regret lashing out at the prince. He was angry at him for what he did.

Casimir was taken aback by his words. "I'm sorry, okay? I'll never kiss you again."

Great, now Logain was starting to feel bad. He knew that the prince didn't mean any harm by his actions. He was angry at him, but he couldn't hold it against him forever. His heart was in the right place. He was mostly mad at him since Logain believed that a person should only kiss the one that they loved.

After a moment of silence, Casimir asked, "Why were you following that thing anyway?"

The silence was starting to get awkward, so Logain was kind of glad to be off of that subject. "I thought that it was a myth, but it is said that a blue light attracts warlocks and witches. It's not a normal light. It is cast by someone who is trying to lure a magical being to them."

"That's weird . . . That would mean that whoever cast it knew that you were here. They knew that it would lead you to them. Whoever did it was trying to capture you." His theory made sense, but that would mean that whoever did it was following them.

"It could have been a coincidence. Whoever did it might have just hoped that a warlock or witch was around." Logain didn't want to believe that someone was following them, but that made more sense that what he suggested. Casting that sort of light took time and a lot of magical energy. Whoever did it wouldn't cast the spell unless they knew that whatever they wanted was nearby.

Afterward their conversation, they agreed to continue their journey even though the sun didn't rise yet. Logain kept looking around for any signs that they were being followed, but there were none. Maybe it really was just a coincidence.