Chapter 19

Logain shivered not because he was cold, but because of the soft lips that touched his neck. The feeling of kisses woke him up. He tried to ignore it and go back to sleep, but it didn't stop. The kisses continued and sleep now would be impossible.

"Prince Casimir . . . Stop . . . I'm trying to sleep." Logain whined.

The prince didn't stop, though. If anything, the kisses became rougher and faster. He felt the prince slide a hand down his body and beneath the sheets. Logain's gasped and opened his eyes when he felt the prince grip him down there . . .

"C-Casimir . . . What are you doing?" He could barely say the words.

"What do you think I'm doing? I'm pleasuring you. What do you say? Wanna have sex again?" Casimir leaned into the warlock. He sounded like he was teasing him, but Logain had a feeling that he was also serious.

"You're so blunt about it. Do you really want to again? I'm still kind of sore from the two times last night . . ." Logain's face burned at the mention of last night. His first time was with a prince and someone that he came to care about. He couldn't be happier, but it was a little embarrassing.

Casimir forced Logain on his back so that he was now facing him. He removed the sheets that were covering the warlock to reveal his bare body underneath. Casimir gave a small smile as he stared at all of him.

"Quit staring! You're being such a pervert and it's embarrassing me." Logain shouldn't have felt this way considering what went on between them last night, yet he couldn't help but feel uncomfortable with someone's eyes on him. He still wasn't used to this sort of thing.

"I can't help it. I don't want to take my eyes off of the person that I love." Casimir leaned in for a kiss.

He kissed him while Logain tugged on Casimir's clothes. He didn't question why he was dressed. He felt the prince tossing and turning last night so he knew that he had a hard time sleeping. He must have gone out for a walk, but he didn't want to ask about it. He didn't want to ruin the moment. He just needed to get the prince's clothes off of him again.

As he tried, they heard knocking on the door. They pulled away from each other and Logain quickly covered himself up with the blanket. Casimir let out a sigh before calling, "Come in!"

Tristan slowly opened the door and peeked inside. When he saw the two of them he asked, "Am I interrupting something?"

Casimir glared at him. "What do you think?"

"Oh, I'll be quick then! I'm going to be out for awhile. I just wanted to let you know. I'll let you two get back to . . . whatever you were doing." With that, Tristan closed the door and left.

Logain got out of bed and grabbed his clothes. Casimir watched him as he got dressed. "So I guess we're not continuing our little fun?"

"Maybe if we get back to the castle in time we can continue where we left off." Then this quest would be over. Casimir would be back home and Logain would be able to return to his own. The prince wanted him to stay with him, but he didn't want to tell him that he was leaving after this. Maybe he'd stay for a little, but not forever. Not until the end of his life.

He sighed. It really wasn't fair. Why did he have to fall for Casimir at this point in his life? He didn't regret it; he just wished that he had more time with him. It wasn't enough time. The prince told him that he loved him. What would happen when he was gone?

"Let's hurry up and get out of here. I want to spend more time with you." He said it to make Casimir happy and to get rid of the negative thoughts there were circling around his head. Prince Casimir wanted to make him happy, but he wasn't doing a good job at trying to be happy. Once he was completely dressed and they gathered their supplies, he grabbed Casimir's hand and led him out of the house.

He let go once they stepped outside where people could see them. He still didn't want to be seen by others. People wouldn't act kindly towards them if they saw and Logain didn't want to ruin Casimir's reputation. He was still a prince and he would be king one day, unless he told his father the truth.

"Casimir . . . What will you tell the king once we get to the castle?" Logain asked.

The prince shrugged. "I'm not sure yet. I'm more worried about finding a way to save you. If there's a way to make you live longer, then I will tell my father the truth. We're only a few hours from the castle so I have some time to figure this out."

"We talked about this already . . . You can't save me. You'll be wasting your time if you try to look for a way."

"I'll find a way."

"You won't. Can't we just enjoy the time that we have now? I want to be happy with you until the end," Logain said.

They were nearing the edge of the town. The trail that they had to follow would lead them straight to the castle. They would have to go through one more town before they reached the castle gates. It was almost over. Logain was almost excited that this journey would be over, but then that meant leaving Casimir. That was the only thing that he didn't want to end.

Once they were out of town, Casimir grabbed Logain's hand. "You never answered me before. You've had plenty of time to think of a response. I want you to stay with me once we reach the castle. What do you say?"

"Prince Casimir . . ."

"I already know what you're going to say," he cut Logain off. "You're going to remind me that you're going to die, but let's say that you don't. Let's say that, somehow, I find a way to save you. What will you do then? You'll have a chance to be with me."

"If things were that simple then I would stay with you, but life isn't fair. Why do you keep bringing up saving me? What are you thinking about?" The prince mentioned saving him more than once. Something was going on.

Casimir had a feeling that he would regret telling him this, but it was the only plan that he had. "What if I gave half of my life to you? That way we will be able to spend a few years together. I might die sooner than I am meant to, but at least I will be able to be with you."

"No. I won't allow it. I'm not going to let you give up your life for me. You will live for as long as you are meant to whether it is with or without me. You aren't doing this, Casimir." How could the prince so willingly give up his life like that? No one should give up their life so that he could live.

"It isn't your decision to make. You didn't tell me the truth when you said that we both need to agree to it. I can give up my life without your approval. It is my decision to make." Casimir stopped walking. They faced each other; Casimir had a small smile on his face.

Logain needed to stop him. He told him that lie to protect him and now it backfired on him. How did he even come across the truth? Logain could only stare up at him. He didn't know what to do to stop him.

"I love you, Logain. Therefore, I am giving half of my years to you. I want to spend my life with you, even if it is shorter than expected. I-"

Before he could finish what he wanted to say, he suddenly stopped talking. Casimir let go of Logain's hand before falling to the ground.

"Casimir!" Logain kneeled down in front of the prince. Casimir was still breathing, but he was passed out. Logain didn't feel any different so he knew that the transfer wasn't complete. He fell unconscious out of no where.

Or at least he thought. As he kneeled there trying to figure out what to do, he heard someone speak behind him. He recognized that voice.

"Well now, I can't have him finishing the spell. You will regain your magic and I can't have that happening. It's been hard enough to capture you when the prince is always around. It would be impossible if you could use magic again. You're coming with me. Don't even try to escape."

Logain looked up when the person grabbed his arm. He wasn't surprised to see who was his kidnapper.