Chapter 1

Expectations.

The illusion of the mind. The origin of sin. Man expects everything to go their way. Man expects the world to revolve around their desires. Man expects God to do as they please... Until those desires get blown away, like mere dust.

 Expectations.

Illusions of hope. Visions of light. Misconceptions. Delusions. A figment of your imagination. A fool's paradise. Man's unwavering will to achieve their impulses and to rise to seemingly impossible heights and feats, only to realize that...it truly is impossible when faced with reality. All that yearning, all that craving, all that passion...was for nothing. Man's dreams, goals, and desires, are shattered when faced with reality. Men crumble before their knees, expectations, broken, ambitions, destroyed.

Reality. 

The truth of the world. Where expectations are crushed. Where men cry. Where everything doesn't go according to plan. Fate isn't on the side of man. What seems impossible IS impossible. What seems too good to be true ISN'T true. That is just the way things are. The sad reality of how things work.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

A man walked on the sidewalk of a city. He wore a white tie with a slim fit black long sleeves with black khaki pants and shoes; on his shoulder, he held a white overcoat. It was really hard to ignore this man. He gave off an aura of confidence and cool. He was the center of attention, without even trying. 

The man sighed, "Alright...where to?" The man puts his finger on his chin, "He said uhh...uh... Damn, I forgot. Well too bad. meh, I'll remember it in time." Then he entered the nearest coffee shop. 

That man was Y/N. He was as cool as he looked, and was as forgetful as he seemed, but he isn't stupid, no, no, no. He went to the counter to order a cappuccino. Two minutes after standing at the counter, the waitress was already beating red and a stuttering mess. Not a word came out of her mouth. She stared at him, totally red in the face and shaking, not out of fear, but out of something else. 

Normally, other customers would shout at or discriminate against the waitress for bad service, but not Y/N. He was a patient man when it comes to situations like these, he just gave her his order, thanked her then sat on at the corner of the coffee shop.

 The waitress' co-workers were able to calm her down, and they proceeded to make Y/N's order. Eventually, his order came. It only took 5 minutes to make it. Anyway, 2 hours later, he just stayed there and relaxed, completely forgetting what he was supposed to do in the first place.

He looked outside of the glass window and saw a group of 6, specifically wearing suits, walking towards an abandoned motel of some sort. Four of them wore white long sleeves with a black overcoat and black neckties, while the other two just wore white long sleeves with a necktie. One girl though had horns on her head. She had pink hair and red horns, which would be quite peculiar from a normal human's perspective, but Y/N was not normal. Then he squinted his eyes specifically at the ginger, the boy with weird teeth and wielding an axe. Then something sparked.

 "Oh yeah, now I remember." He got up, went out of the shop, and quietly observed them from afar.

They were talking to each other, that was obvious. If Y/N remembered correctly, he was to just be that bodyguard of that ginger head. Y/N had no problem with it since that was the easiest thing to do. Suddenly, the man with black hair and a small ponytail on his head shouted at the pink-haired-horned girl, and at the ginger with weird teeth. 

"THAT WAS NOT A GODDAMN PRANK! I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!" His voice echoed around the block for a moment. The duo just shrugged at the empty threat. 

Siiighh, they talk too much. I'm pretty sure there's a devil in that place so when are they gonna go inside! This is getting real boring if this keeps ongoing.