Chapter 9

Aki has departed.

Amidst the destruction, at the top of a roof of a house, lay the future devil. 

"He...defied the inevitable future? ...How?" It continued to observe Y/n and Denji walk through the destruction that was previously caused. "Never in my 700 years of existence, have my predictions ever been wronged... Not even they could  change what would be the unavoidable..." Then it began to wonder: Who is this man, exactly? 

...

Its wrinkles furrowed as the devil trembled in delight. Never has it had the thrill of desperately gaining knowledge of just one man. The mere fact that he was the one who killed Aki--not Denji-- made it a point that the man was not ordinary. Either way, it was still Aki's ally that killed him, and Denji witnessing Aki get mercilessly killed by Y/n changed his whole perspective of him. What does he really think about them? About Power, Denji, and Aki? Was he really only by Denji's side for the money? The payment? Did he not actually care about any of them? After all they've been through?

And for that, that was the worst possible death Denji could ever imagine...

----

Then he never talked to Y/n from that time on.

...

Apparently, Aki had some money saved up, a lot of money. In his will, half of it was to Denji, and the other half was sent to Himeno's family. Using that money, the three of them rented a house, though it was cramped, they picked a room with a nice view. They were also able to manage to get their own food, and when their bored--specifically, Power and Denji--they'd just watch movies. There would be times when Y/n would try to strike a conversation with either of them, however, only Power would react. The other one would just ignore Y/n entirely. 

Then one night...

"Yo, I'm going to buy ice cream, you want anything?" Denji asked, directly to Power.

"A rice ball stuffed with meat!" she replied.

Then he left with the aim to buy what he and Power wanted.

Y/n yawned as he lay on the bed. It's been a while since those two talked to each other, not like it really mattered to him. "Power?"

"Sup."

"Imma take a nap, alright?"

"But you don't sleep."

"That's why I'll take a nap--wait. How'd you know?"

"I'm omniscient."

"Figures." Y/n yawned as he twisted his position. His back faced Power as she watched a movie. He started sleeping.

<><><><><Hours later><><><><>

It's been 5 hours. So technically it's the next day. Y/n yawned as he slowly sat up at the foot of the bed. He looked around to notice that Power or Denji was anywhere to be seen. He begrudgingly stood up and walked to the counter to drink some water, only to find a sticky note on the fridge. Curious, he studied the handwriting, and boy it was sooo shit he thought it was encrypted.