Chapter 4

After Denji and Power drank some random's blood in a blood bag, they recovered and were able to stand up. Power groaned in pain, but it slowly faded away as the blood triggered her regeneration, as well as Denji's.

"Ahh... Goddamn. The fuck are you trying to do?"

The man drank his booze once more. "Makima asked me to whip you two into shape. Fuck if I know why, but the gun devil's looking to get your heart for some reason, so she's probably worried since you're just some easy-to-kill small fry."

"I can confirm," Y/n remarked.

"No one asked!" Denji retorted.

"Why'd you strangle us just now?!" asked Power.

"I've trained up humans before, but never a devil like you two. So while I was drunk, I thought about how I should handle it," then he placed a finger on his forehead. "And this booze-addled brain of mine finally sparked. I'm the strongest Devil Hunter. So any devil that could beat me must be the strongest."

Then the man pointed at Denji and Power. "So until you reach a point where you can beat me, I'll keep hunting you."

"This guy's brain's totally busted!" Power said.

"OooooOH," said Denji

"Alright, let's get started," the man said as he started walking toward the duo.

The training session began. And let's just say it took no less than 7 seconds. Y/n found that amusing. Now Denji and Power were seen laying in a puddle of their own blood.

"I'll turn you two into the craziest motherfuckers ever," said the man.

"Crazy," commented Y/n.

---Timeskip: Hours later---

Y/n was seen quietly lying on the floor of the graveyard as he stared at the starry sky. It would be quite a view if it weren't for the constant moans of pain and the random battle cries. 

Finally, the training session ended. At a significantly late hour. The man barely broke a sweat during the training session and was about to depart.

"I'm gonna sleep, so I'm leaving. I'll come get you at your house tomorrow. Y/n, go ease your client., said the man.

Y/n slowly stood up, yawned, stretched, and strolled to Power and Denji who were extremely, very extremely, tired. Denji collapsed on the floor. Power helped by punching his face, "healing" him. Eventually, Denji got up.

"Argh... How many times was I killed today?!"

"Over 20 for sure," said Power

"Whenever you got killed, I got knocked out too for the most part though, so I dunno for sure," Power indicated.

"He killed you 57 times," said Y/n as he closed in toward them.

Denji sighed. "What were you doing this whole time?"

"I watched both of you suffer."

Power and Denji didn't make a comment on that since they were either too tired to retaliate or they found it a reasonable excuse for him to watch them suffer as there was nothing really else to do. Then there was a comfortable silence.

"That old man is way too strong..." complained Power

"It won't be any fun if this kind of thing keeps going." Deni agreed.

"He's easy, wym?" 

Power and Denji deadpanned at Y/n.

"You're not helping," Denji groaned.