Chapter 5

A week passed by and Denji was becoming so...frisky for some reason. It was like he was excited to meet someone. He kept leaving every single day of the week. At some point, Y/n asked if he was having a third date with Makima. To which he replied with a no, so who was it? She must be pretty if she was able to catch someone like Denji so quickly. Too quickly that it was suspicious on Y/n's end. So, he ordered Beam to watch over Denji since he is the only one committed enough to actually do it.

Beam happily obliged. And off he went, swimming passed the floor faster than the human eye could follow. By the time Y/n ordered Beam to find Denji, it was already night. A festival was happening somewhere around the country. Y/n yawned on the couch while watching the festival happen. He drank some milk as he switched the channel from channels. Nyako slept on the dining table in the background.

"Oh my God, are there any other channels this TV got? Animals? Sex? Religion? No? Just the damn news?" Y/n groaned in annoyance not being entertained with just watching the TV.

He lay on the couch and was about to drift into sleep until his phone started vibrating. Y/n picked it up to check who was calling him. It was Aki.

"Hm. That's the first. This guy never called me..." Y/n just stared at the phone for a while that was still vibrating. Aki was still trying to contact him.

"All right, jeez, jeez, I'll pick up."

He answered the call.

"WHAT KIND OF FUCKING BODYGUARD ARE YOU?!" yelled Aki at the other side of the call.

"Oh he's mad," Y/n whispered to himself. "What's the situation?" he asked Aki.

"There's this bomb devil girl trying to kill Denji! So do your fucking job, and get over here!" shouted Aki that ended the call right after.

Y/n stared at his phone. "I see."

He got up and stretched. "I guess it can't be helped," Y/n walked to a window, opened it, and jumped out.

From afar, a sonic boom is heard. The sound echoed around the empty streets and among the neighborhood. 

Y/n's coming.

----

A fury of explosions was seen and heard. Orange mushrooms enveloped the streets. Two black blurs sped around buildings, cars, and roads, followed by trailing explosions as well. The black blurs exploded up into the sky, then into the air, and a huge explosion came to life causing them to plummet into a building, later producing a barrage of explosions.

Private devil hunters stormed into the building but weren't able to do a thing in the end since the bomb girl was too experienced with her abilities.

She grabbed Denji by the throat and exploded him, burning his flesh and hardening his gears. The process shattered the whole building all and all. The private Devil hunters lay dead, unconscious, or still alive on the debris. Reze, the bomb girl, walked over the corpses and passed the rubble.