Part 2: Chapter 23

---

There was no need for Y/n to know where Denji might be, due to the explosion from a building not so far. The man recognized it as the building he and Asa were at not so long ago before the foreign devil hunter came to play. If he looked around, the scene was horrid. Cars were burning, flipped over, structures came crumbling into pieces, flames enveloped the parts of the streets, some people and children were being burnt alive, rolling on the asphalt, as if that would do a thing, and the clouds turned black due to the ash ascending from the fiery crust below.

Y/n dusted off some debris on his shoulder from his oversized gray sweater and patted his knees before stretching his arms and back. He yawned and took one last look at the downed American, his lifeless eyes seemingly watching him about to depart, his inanimate blue eyes, mixed with his blood, staring at the man with distaste, hate, malice, hostility, and every known emotion of rage. It was as if the devil hunter was still conscious and this was his only way of saying, 'fuck you' to Y/n.

But that was impracticable. If they knew what he was, a direct death coming from him is a guaranteed trip straight to the real hell like none other. Burning, moaning in pain, weeping and gnashing of teeth, agony, anguish, you name it, it's all there. Whoever died at his hand was doomed to a fate they will never escape, suffering from all the regrets and past actions they've done will be flashed on their mind for all of eternity to come. no. end. at. all.

That was the fate, of those that challenged him, even for devils. It is a fate, no one can run from.

Y/n squinted, noticing two stick figures floating up in the sky, one had a chainsaw on his head--ah that's Denji, and Asa Mitaka, right. As of now, they're holding hands as Denji attempted to add weight to prevent Asa from floating away. Aw, how cute.

---

Now Y/n was just at a nearby building, sitting at the edge of a building, adjacent to where Asa and Denji were, having to look up since they were floating. He heard a bit of shouting and cursing, so if he listened a bit more, he could hear what they were saying.

"Dogs cats dogs!! Cats cats dogs!!" Denji yelled in his chainsaw form.

Then they stopped floating.

"GUh!! We stopped at cats!!" then he started yelling cats multiple times. "Ice cream! Ice cream! Ice cream!"

Then Asa started groaning. "Nnggh..! Don't remind me about cats!!"

"I know how you feel!! Believe me, I've been there!"

"What would you know?! No one has it worse than me!!"

"..." Chainsaw man stared at Asa for a bit, still tightly holding onto her wrists. "Just when life seems super awesome, as soon as you let your guard down...some crappy thing happens outta nowhere and screws it all up, right?!"

Asa could only sniffle as a response.

"You know life isn't all bad...but day in, day out, all you can remember is the bad stuff...and the disasters keep pilin' up like a hamburger made of crap, right?"

...

"How did you get over that...chainsawman?"

"I haven't! I'm not over it! Only...I got something to live for! Something I look forward to so much I'm willing to eat that crap burger!"