Chapter 7

"I have no idea where you're body's at," Y/n said while squinting, adjusting his human eyes to the dark.

Y/n picked up Denji's head and went off in search of the ginger's body. Distant screaming of 'Halloween' was heard as Y/n's shoes clacked on the road. He passed through broken human dolls, their limbs, sliced off still with that lifeless expression on their face.

Y/n groaned. "Man, you rolled quite far from your body huh?"

"Shut up and look for my body," Denji commanded, to which Y/n obliged.

2 minutes of searching later, Denji spotted his body since only he knows what he himself looks like. Y/n dropped Denji's head, making an 'OW' sound, he then gently sat up the ginger's headless body, as blood squirted out from the neck. Y/n got Denji's head and then finally placed him on his body. But Y/n, not knowing the definition of 'gentle', forcefully pushed Denji's head inward. Luckily, Denji's nerve vessels didn't connect to his spinal cord yet, so he was not able to feel pain. It just irritated him.

"Hey! Do it properly!" the ginger demanded.

"What do you mean 'properly'? Am I gonna skewer your head inside or somethin'?" Y/n retaliated as he pushed Denji's head further inside the ginger's neck. Blood gushed from the headless body.

"For fuck's sake! Don't cha see what ya doin'?" Denji yelled.

"I'm not a professional surgeon, damn it," Y/n said as he finally placed Denji's head 'in place', when it was, in fact, not.

"I hate you. So much," the ginger grumbled.

"Hey, I just saved you and your buddies. At least a thank you or a kiss on the cheek will do."

"Ewwwww! I'm not into men!"

Y/n could only sigh. He stood up and told Denjito to stay there who replied with a 'fuck you'. Y/n deadpanned at Denji. He didn't know why he was being so aggressive to him. But he didn't care. Why would he? Anyway, Y/n strolled off to find a bleeding dead body for Denji to feed on. The blood, specifically. Eventually, he did find a body, it was a man. Judging by his looks he was at least in his 40s. It seemed like he was going home from work since he wore a suit and a suitcase lay beside him. He died from blood loss due to his left arm being chopped off by one of the hostile dolls. Luckily, the man was still bleeding, so Y/n carried the body and delivered it to Denji. He then fed the ginger with blood, making him recover. Now he had his body back. Denji stood up and stretched his arms. 

"Now that you're ok, Imma find Aki and others," Y/n said as he started walking away. "You just stay with Makima," he added.

Denji groaned in response. 

"Denji?"

"Ah!" the ginger jumped in shock. A familiar voice just greeted him!

He slowly turned around, revealing it to be Makima, smiling at him. "You saved me," she said with no tone in her voice.

Denji, shocked, and heart pounding in his chest, only responded with a wide smile and red cheeks.

...

Back with Y/n, he found Aki kneeling down on one leg, panting, obviously tired. Y/n continued to walk towards him while looking around, searching for any sign of Power. The darkness was somehow overwhelming tonight, as he could barely see a thing aside from the lamp posts that lightly illuminated the streets. The sound of 'Halloween' echoed, filling the silence in the air. By the time he reached Aki, he couldn't spot her...Maybe later. She'll come back eventually. She has nowhere else to go anyway. 

Y/n stood in front of the exhausted Aki and lent a hand to him. Aki disregarded it and stood up shakily on his feet. He inhaled from his nose and made a loud exhale.