Chapter One

Kingsley couldn't pinpoint the exact moment he zoned out. There he was, sitting on his chair around the round conference table, watching as his boss, and the CEO of the start-up he worked at, start his presentation.

He tried to pay attention, he really did. At least at the beginning of the meeting. But ten minutes in, Lorenzo took off his suit jacket and folded the sleeves of his perfectly ironed white shirt up till his elbows. Kingsley's eyes moved from his face to his arms and then to his chest. He couldn't help it, the man was truly a work of art.

Most of the men Kingsley had dated, that is if you could count having one-night stands as dating, had been men in their early twenties, young and lean and energetic. But Lorenzo was different from his usual type. He was twenty seven, four years older than Kingsley. He had an MBA from an ivy league college, and had started his own business at the age of twenty-two.

Lorenzo was tall, and Kingsley didn't need to see him naked to tell that he was definitely muscular under those clothes he wore. Sandy brown hair, a square jaw and a light stubble— he was no where near the type of scrawny guys Kingsley usually hooked up with.

Kingsley had never really had any interest in men that were, well, bigger than him. But he would do just about anything to feel Lorenzo on top of him, doing things that Kingsley could only fantasize about in his wildest dreams.

"Reece? Reece?" Lorenzo called out Kingsley's first name twice, finally breaking him from his trance. Kingsley straightened his back as he looked at his boss, who was staring at him with a frown on his face.

"Yes, Mr. Salazar?" Kingsley replied.

"I was asking if you'd be okay with this?" Lorenzo asked, and Kingsley blinked. He had no idea what his boss was talking about, and asking now would definitely get him in trouble.

"Yeah, of course, sir," Kingsley answered. Lorenzo rose an eyebrow for a split second, before going back to his presentation.

"Can't believe you said yes," Nina whispered. Kingsley looked to his side, at the woman who had an extremely amused expression on her face.

"And what exactly did I say yes to?" Kingsley asked her in an equally low voice. Thankfully Lorenzo was facing the projector screen as he pointed at his powerpoint presentation.

"You're kidding, right?" Nina deadpanned, a look of disbelief on her face as she looked at her friend. Kingsley just shrugged in response, making her sigh.

"You really need to start paying attention in meetings," Nina said, "you agreed to working overtime the next two weeks to help Lorenzo with his presentation for the meeting with the investors."

"Overtime? Two weeks?" Kingsley's eyes widened as he stared at the woman, "fucking hell."

"Say hello to long nights alone with the boss," Nina muttered before leaning away.

Kingsley subconsciously licked his lower lip as he thought about what Nina said. Sure, working late continuously for two weeks would absolutely suck. But that also meant he'd be alone with Lorenzo. And that was something that could make it all worth it.

Even though he had been working in the company for around fourteen months, Kingsley never really spoke to Lorenzo much. Nothing except work, at least. It was a small office, and there were only about twenty employees. Most were older people, in their thirties or forties. Kingsley, along with a couple others, as well as Lorenzo were the only ones in their twenties.

Despite being in the same age group, Lorenzo maintained a strict professional boundary with all of his employees. He did occasionally accompany them for lunches and dinners, but that was more out of formal obligation than actual interest in socialization.