Chapter Seventeen

Lorenzo was starting to join the employees more often whenever they invited him out. Currently, he was with Anwar, Miles, Nina and a couple other colleagues at a club. Oh, and Kingsley.

Kingsley wanted a nice night out. Away from Lorenzo and the ever growing tension between them. That was why he floated the idea of going out partying on Friday night to Anwar. What he did not expect was Anwar asking Lorenzo, and the boss actually agreeing.

They both had been ignoring each other like the plague ever since that night at Lorenzo's. They only spoke when it was work related, it was as if they had gone back in time. Back to when they were just co-workers, and Kingsley spent his free time fantasizing about fucking him.

To say that Kingsley's mood had turned sour the moment he realised Lorenzo would be joining him, would be an understatement. They were all sitting around a round table in the bar, with beers flowing as everyone talked about some thing or the other.

Lorenzo was talking to Jiya, and Kingsley was wallowing in silence. He didn't know why he was acting like this. He asked Lorenzo to fuck him. Lorenzo said no. Big deal. Sure, rejections hurts. But that's not what Kingsley was mad about. The cause behind his sullen mood was the reason why he couldn't be with Lorenzo.

They were two consenting adults, but the office management wouldn't see it that way. They would see an executive taking advantage of his subordinate— and if they were caught, then Lorenzo would lose everything.

So, Kingsley wasn't mad at Lorenzo. But at the situation they were in.

Though he did expect Lorenzo to reach out to him, which he didn't. So, Kingsley may or may not have been a bit salty about that. He knew he was being an attention whore, but he didn't couldn't care less.

"I'm going to get something stronger," Kingsley muttered to Anwar.

He got up from his chair and went over to the bar counter, before sitting down on a stool. He asked the bartender for a whiskey, as he stared aimlessly at the wall.

"Kingsley?" A voice interrupted Kingsley's attempt at getting some peace.

Kingsley turned towards the face behind the voice. He furrowed his brows, when he realised it was Nathan. Nathan was someone Kingsley met years ago through Roan

During their first meet, Nathan was basically a sexist and homophobic asshole. During their second meet, Kingsley fucked him in the restroom stall of a club. It had been years since he last saw him, and even though he was a jerk, he was at least a good looking jerk.

"Nathan," Kingsley finally said, "long time."

"Yeah, like four years I think." Nathan took that as a welcome to sit down, and sat on the barstool next to Kingsley. "Are you here alone?"

"Nah, I'm with my co-workers." Kingsley shook his head before motioning towards the table where the people from his office were seated.

"Yet you're sitting at the bar by yourself?" Nathan raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Just needed some space," Kingsley muttered.

"If that's the case then do you want to get out of here?" Nathan asked, a sly smile on his face. It was crystal clear what he wanted, and Kingsley couldn't help but chuckle.

"What? Are you gay now?" Kingsley asked. Nathan laughed, before shaking his head.

"Nah, if I'm honest with you then..." Nathan licked his lower lip before placing his hand on Kingsley's thigh, his thumb rubbing the clothed skin. "You're the only guy I've been with. I've never really wanted to, you know, do it with another guy. But I do think about you from time to time."