Chapter Nineteen

"Leg day? Fuck no," Kingsley scoffed.

"Coward," Roan muttered.

"You should join the gym near my building, it's got—"

"Neither am I going to pay that much for a gym membership nor am I going to drive 20 minutes to go work out." Roan interrupted.

Kingsley didn't regularly go to the gym, unlike Roan. But today he was feeling a little extra skip in his step, so he decided to accompany his friend. Also, he didn't feel like being alone.

"I thought after last week's workout you said you wouldn't step foot in a gym ever again?" Roan recalled.

"I'm just here for eye candy," Kingsley shrugged as he looked around the area.

"If you're looking then I might be able to hook you up with someone," Roan said.

"Who?" Kingsley asked. Roan subtly motioned towards a brunette on the treadmill. Kingsley hummed, giving the man a once over, he was just his type. "How do you know he's gay?"

"I'm pretty sure he tried to ask me out last week in the locker room," Roan answered.

"What did you do?"

"I take off my ring before working out, so just as he was getting to it I slid it back on," Roan shrugged. Kingsley laughed, shaking his head at his best friend.

Kingsley mostly lounged around the gym as Roan worked out. Once he was done, they went to the locker room to get changed. Kingsley had basically been following around Roan like a puppy, and the other man was finally begin to suspect that something was up.

"So, are you going to tell me what happened or not?" Roan sighed as he looked at Kingsley tiredly.

"What?" Kingsley played dumb.

"You're hanging out with me at the gym on a Saturday, instead of watching Netflix in your bed and eating pizza. That means there's something you want to talk to me about. There's a weird... glow on your face which means you had sex. And you winced when you sat down so that means you got fucked," Roan hummed in deep thought.

"How the fuck—"

"A random one night stand wouldn't have been anything special. That means it wasn't some stranger at a bar," Roan paused. "You fucked your boss!"

"Well," Kingsley blinked, looking rather impressed at his best friend's deduction skills. "He fucked me. But yeah."

"Damn," Roan whistled. "Called it."

"Why the fuck do you work in finance? You should be like a detective or some shit," Kingsley said.

"Detective? Nah. Maybe a private investigator. I could find out whose husband is cheating with whom," Roan smirked. "So, how was it? Finally get it out of your system?"

"One of the best nights of my life," Kingsley muttered.

"I thought he said he's not gonna fuck his employee? What changed?"

"Guess I'm just too hot," Kingsley winked. Roan gave Kingsley a flat, unimpressed look in return.

"Excited for Monday and pretending that nothing happened between you both in the office?" Roan teased.

"Absolutely not. Since..." Kingsley paused, a frown on his face. "I think he wanted me to stay the night. But I left."

"Why the fuck would you leave?"

"Because... because sex is one thing but staying the night? That's like four steps more serious! I'm not ready for that. Also, I'm sure it was a one time thing, so what would've been the point? And can you imagine how awkward the next morning would've been had I stayed?" Kingsley groaned in frustration.