Part 6 - starbucks & ruth

*Y/n pov*
As I was studying for my history final I heard a knock on my apartment door. I was confused, but I went to enter the door. I checked through the peephole and I saw Josh.
"Hey!" He said as I opened my door.
"Hey Josh." I replied. We just stood there for a minute. "Oh...come in come in!"
"Thanks," he replied as he came in. "Nice place."
"Thank you! I don't mean to sound rude, but...why are you here?"
"Oh! Um..I brought you some Starbucks, thought you could use it. I didn't know what you would want so I brought some options."
I giggled, "thank you Josh, I think it's time for a break from studying anyway."
"Yes, breaks are good. So we got a vanilla frappuccino, a pumpkin spice latte, an iced white chocolate mocha, and a hot chocolate."
"What do you want?" I asked.
"I'll take whatever you don't want y/n," he smiled at me.
"I'll take the hot chocolate," He handed me the hot chocolate as he took the vanilla frappe.
"I guess we have a lot of leftovers," he laughed.
"Here, I'll put them in the fridge." I said as my roommate and best friend, Ruth, walked in on her phone.
She was walking to her room as I said, "ruuUuuuUuuuth."
"What y/n?" She said as she looked up at me and Josh. "Shut up. SHUT UP. You're literally kidding. THIS IS JOSHUA BASSETT." She said pointing to Josh. He and I laughed. "No, duh." I replied sarcastically.
She continued, "how in the literal world??? Oh my gosh, I'm so embarrassing."
"Ruth, we met a few days ago."
"THAT'S WHERE YOU WENT?? TO MEET JOSHUA BASSETT?? I thought it was some random dude named Josh-" he laughed, probably remembering that I said the same thing.
"Nice to meet you, Ruth," Josh said as he shook her hand.
"Oh my gosh, this is unbelievable." Ruth said.
"Ruthie, he's just a normal teenager," I said.
Josh glanced at me and we burst out laughing, "you called me a TEENAGER," he said.
Ruth smiled and said, "well...I have to go. But it was literally so nice meeting you Josh. You're so nice. You guys should date because I see the chemistry. It's really cute honestly. I ship it."
We rolled our eyes as I went back to sipping my hot chocolate.
"That was great," Josh said. "You have to meet some of my friends."
"That would be so fun."
"It'll be happening soon," he smiled.
"Good."
"Should I let you get back to studying y/n?"
"I guess," I frowned.
"Unlesssss I could help you study."
"Josh, I couldn't ask you to-"
"I have nothing else to do y/n. I want to help."
"That'd be amazing if you could help."
We studied for almost 3 hours and ended up falling asleep.

*josh pov*
I watched as y/n peacefully slept, after 3 hours of studying. I decided to leave her a note, so I wouldn't bother her.

hey y/n! Hopefully, you see this. good job studying, and good luck on your final. I didn't want to wake you up so I am leaving this note. Text me later. Anyways, see you soon <3
-love, Josh

I know I could've just woken her up or texted her, but I thought a note would feel more special.