Part 13 - rehearsal

"Uh...I have rehearsal Josh...I have to go."

"Rehearsal?? No way! You act too?? Is there anything you can't do?" I stared adoringly in her eyes.

"Yes, Josh. I act too. Now, I gotta go."

"Wait, y/n..."

"Dang it, you drove me here."

"Oh, yeah. No problem, I'll drive you."

"I can take an Uber, I feel bad."

"I want to drive you."

"Okay, thanks Joshua."

"No problem, oh wait, do you have your script and a pencil?"

"You sound like Miss Jenn,"

"She rubs off on me." He shrugged.

"Now, you sound like me about Ruth." I laughed.

"Sweetheart, I love the extra time with you...but we need to head out. Do you have your script?"

"I do have my script. Keep it with me at all times."

"Smart. Let's head out bab-y/n." Yes, I almost called her babe. Yes, I've been calling her a lot of cute names. I like her. Like a lot. But, I don't want to mess up...well whatever we have now. It has to be perfect timing when I ask her. I need to know she feels the same, so it doesn't just ruin our relationship. That's why I was hesitant with the kiss. And I want to get to know her before I ask her, so she knows that it's not just pure attraction (though there is some of that too). She's smart and funny and cute and so so so talented. Like out of this world talented. I don't think I've ever heard a prettier voice. Seriously. Okay, enough thinking. Time to actually talk to her. While I was thinking about all of that, we finally made it to my car.

"Where to?" I asked but she was already putting the address into the gps. Good, we're on the same page. I started driving there as I asked about the show. "So what show are you in?"

"Oh, Wicked."

"That sounds fun, let me guess-Elphaba?"

She giggled, "you are correct."

"You are amazing," I sighed.

"Joshyy, you don't have to say that."

"It's true though."

She blushed, and as I pulled up to a slick building she said, "Oh, here we are. Thanks Josh."

"No problem, what time should I pick you up?"

"Josh, I'll take an Uber. You do not need to pick me up."

"Y/n, Ubers are creepy. I'm driving you home."

"Fine, pick me up at 9:00." For reference it was 6:30.

"Do you think I could stay, and watch? I haven't been to a theatre rehearsal for years."

"Do you have to?"

"Are you embarrassed?"

"Yeah...kinda." She laughed.

"Fine, I won't." I gave her a frowny face.

"Hey, y/n. We're about to start. OoooOoooh I see you have a guest with you." A girl said, looking at me.

"Heh...yeah...that's Josh."

"Can he read?"

"I mean...he's an actor, so I assume." She giggled.

"Jack's not here, you think he could stand in for him. If not it's okay, but if he has nothing to do..."

"I'm in!" I interrupted before y/n could answer.