Part 33 - nyc

A/n: this is a long one because it's been a while :-)

January 13th
Y/n pov

"I'm gonna miss you." I whimpered as Joshua packed his bags for New York. He has a very important audition in a few days in NYC, so he is leaving.

"Me too, baby." He said, kissing my head. "I'll be back right after my audition."

"Can I come with you?" I frowned.

"Y/N, I wish that you could, but it's too late to buy a ticket. And I need to stay completely focused for my audition." He gave me a sad smile.

"Okay, I guess I'll just be boreddd." I groaned.

"Hang out with Ruth. Maybe study a little. There, two good options. Oh, and FaceTime me too because I'll miss you, love."

"You're so cute." I grinned.

"You too. Now, I have a taxi waiting outside."

I sighed, "go."

He started walking out as he turned back around, "well, you might as well just ride in the taxi with me, huh?"

I grinned as I grabbed his hand, "just give me one second." Before we left his apartment I scribbled something down on a Post-it-note (which he has everywhere in case a song idea ✨sparks✨). I folded up the note and slipped it in his pocket, and we walked to the taxi. Maybe he'll see it. It said:

joshua, my love
hey baby! i hope you are enjoying nyc, i don't know if you're going to see this note but i hope you do. break a leg at your audition, i have full confidence that you can make it to broadway. i am absolutely, utterly in love with you, and i believe in you. love you joshy
love ~ your one and only <3

Once we got to the taxi, Josh put his stuff in the trunk, and we climbed into the backseat.

Josh made some awkward small talk with the driver, and after a few minutes of silence it got boring. Out of nowhere, he kissed me. I kissed him back for a few moments, as the driver shot us a dirty look. I started giggling softly as I pulled away from the kiss.

We got to the airport as Josh paid the driver and walked him to his gate.

"Make sure to feed Josh Junior, okay?" He said.

"I will." I grinned.

"I love you, y/n." He said, kissing my forehead.

"Love you too. Be safe. Have fun in New York!! Call me everyday."

"I will." He said, blowing me a kiss.

I got a taxi back to my apartment and hung out with Ruth for a few hours. My phone dinged. A text from Josh!

baby

what's up

ur so freaking adorable

aw thanks
did you make it to nyc

i did!!
i also found a special note in my pocket
you're the best
i hung it up in my apartment here

ur so sweet
i'm glad you liked it :)

<3 call you later

Ruth left and Josh couldn't talk right now (I guess I only have 2 friends 🥹), so I grabbed my guitar. I haven't written a song in a while.

I started coming up with lyrics, and writing them down. I grinned. I decided to stream on Instagram live again because that was literally so much fun last time.

*another olivia rodrigo unreleased song so credits to olivia but i changed some of the lyrics to make sense hahah*

"Hey everyone!" I grinned as people started entering, "I just wrote a song, and I wanted to share it with you!"