Part 42 - hate

Y/N POV
March 15th

I was finally on spring break. Although I love school, sophomore year in college is kinda hard (as expected, I suppose). I've been spending constant time with Josh, and I started seeing more and more of the hate he was still receiving. I felt awful. I decided to do something about it. I don't know if it will especially help, but I might as well try. I started making a video about Josh, and I recorded a voiceover. I opened up Instagram, and posted it. If Josh won't, I've got to try to stop the hate. I've gotten almost 10,000 more followers on Instagram since our song was released. Maybe now, I'll have an influence on people.

*JOSH POV*

I got a notification that Y/N posted on Instagram. I opened it up, excited to see her beautiful face again. Instead of a picture, a video was there. The caption was: please watch and share this video. i really care about him, and i want what's best for him.

Who is she talking about? I pressed on the video and soft music started playing as pictures of me and y/n crossed the frame. I smiled at them as she started speaking.

"This is Joshua Bassett - as many of you may know; he is an amazing guy. He's funny, smart, thoughtful, kind, and so many other amazing things. As you may know, Josh has gotten a lot of hate the past three years. I'm not going to address why that is happening, because you probably know. I just wanted to say that he doesn't deserve this hate. Amazingly, celebrities have feelings too. And, you should be able to support two amazing celebrities-," She said, definitely talking about Olivia and I, "-without being pulled into some sort of drama, hate, or rivalry. It's so dumb that people would say that they would-" She faltered a little, "that they would not like to see him alive. He's an amazing person, inside and out. He doesn't deserve that, and definitely not for something that he didn't do. Something that happened three years ago. If you ever posted hate about Joshua, it should be taken down. It's hard on him. I know that if you support me and my music, you probably haven't spread hate or rumors about Joshua, but if you know someone that did - tell them to take it down. Please. Thank you for your time." She said, as the video finished. I started crying a little, and I called Y/N. It already had almost 14,399 likes. I am so lucky.

She picked up the phone, "hey, baby."

I sniffed, "Y/N, you are so amazing. I can't tell you how much that meant to me."

I could tell she smiled, "I'm glad, Josh. I'm just trying to help something that should've never happened."

"You're amazing. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Josh." She hung up. Wow, I really hit the jackpot on girlfriends.