Part 48 - goodbye

May 22nd

"That's the last of it." I said, quietly, after setting a picture of me Josh giving me a piggy back ride into his carry-on.

"I don't want to leave." He groaned.

"I know, baby." I said, leaning my head onto his shoulder. He put his arm around my waist. We just stood there for a minute.

He sniffled, "I love you, y/n."

"I love you too, Joshua." My eyes were welling with tears.

He sniffled and chuckled lightly, "okay, okay, babe. Let's save the emotional stuff for tomorrow."

I smiled a little, wiping my tears, "okay."

Ruth, Matt, Sofia, Josh, and I had a small going away get together, with a lot of tears. They wished him good luck and goodbye. Matt was practically sobbing.

"I'm gonna miss you dude." Matt cried as they hugged. I smiled sadly. I love their bromance.

"Get out of the way, Matt." Sofia said, crying a little as she pushed Matt gently out of the way. Matt came over to stand by Ruth and I and I gave him a hug as he cried into my shoulder. I rubbed his back a little. Sofia whispered something to Josh and they both chuckled a little.

Sofia said, "okay, Matt, let's head out."

"I don't want to." He frowned, like a little kid.

"Come on, Matt, it's almost midnight. We need to let them get some rest."

He sighed, "okay...bye bro." He said, giving Josh another hug.

"Bye, Matt." And just like that, they left. Ruth wished Josh good luck and goodbye, and it was just the two of us.

They're letting us go to the airport just us tomorrow. Josh has everything packed and has moved out of his apartment, so he's spending tonight at mine. He insisted that he sleep on the couch instead of in my bed. He's so cute.

The next day I woke up and saw a post it note on the counter.

Hey babe. I'm in New York. I didn't want to wake you. Hopefully I'll be back in a few months. See ya.
Josh

I gasped as tears started streaming down my face.

He left?

And

Without saying goodbye?

I opened my eyes to feel tears on my face. It was just a dream, thank goodness. Josh would never leave without saying goodbye. I got out of bed and wiped the tears. I got ready, and went outside to see Josh sleeping peacefully on the couch. I smiled at my adorable boyfriend. I walked over to him and gently lifted his curls on his forehead and kissed it. I started making breakfast for the both of us. Pancakes for a special occasion. Although it's so sad that he's moving, it's also the next step in his career. He's moving on to something bigger. And I'm extremely proud of him.

Josh yawned exaggeratedly as I giggled at him, "good morning cutie."

He smiled when he saw me, "good morning baby. I love waking up to your beautiful face."

My heart fluttered (which probably isn't healthy, but oh well), "awww, you're so sweet."

He slowly walked over to me and put his arms around me as I mixed the pancake batter. He was only wearing sweatpants so I took a second to admire his bare chest (i know this is a cringe line but don't act like you wouldn't stare at his chest if he was shirtless) He held my hand as I mixed it. I giggled. He was making it so much harder to make the pancakes, but it was so cute. We finished the batter and started pouring out the pancakes onto a pan. I checked the time and frowned, "we should leave in about an hour, Joshy."