Part 26 - love

*Joshua pov*

Y/n's mom was the first to hug me, "it's nice to meet you Josh!"

I smiled, "nice to meet you too!"

Her dad then shook my hand, "nice to meet you, kid." I smiled slightly. He's a little intimidating.

Her brother didn't say anything until Maia prompted him, "nice to meet you I guess."

Maia, Y/n's mom, and y/n all rolled their eyes as I said, "nice to meet you too dude."

I got along pretty well with y/n's parents, but Mason was avoiding me. He sat in his room almost the entire day with Maia until we ate dinner and went to church. I tried to talk to him but I don't think he likes me.

It was almost time to go to bed. We finished dinner and went to church, and y/n and I watched a Christmas movie.

"Did you like the Santa Clause?" Y/n asked me.

"Yes! It was good." I responded as she looked at her watch. Midnight.

She smiled, yawning cutely, "I'm tired. Let's go to bed."

"Mkay, love you." I said. WAIT. WHAT DID I JUST SAY???

She looked at me, shocked. Her eyes were wide open. "You-"

"Uh-I'm uh-sorry-I didn't mean to-" I responded as she interrupted me with a kiss.

"It's okay. I love you too, Joshua Bassett."

I grinned, "you are amazing y/n l/n."

"So are you Bassett. Now, get to bed. It's late. And Santa Claus is coming to town." She whisper-sang.

I laughed as I kissed her head, "goodnight."

"Goodnight."