Part 17 - wallpaper

December 18th
*Josh pov*

It was a week before Christmas, and I was stuck in California. We are filming up until the last minute for hsmtmts, so I can't go home to see my family. Which is a bummer. I guess I get to spend time with my friends and y/n though. I really like y/n. Like a lot. We just met-18 days ago. 18 days ago, my life changed for the better. Gosh, that sounds so cringey. But I think it's like a love at first sight kinda thing. Wait, scratch that. It's a like at first sight kinda thing. We obviously aren't dating and we've just hung out...as friends. Even though we kissed. But we're not dating? I don't know. I don't want to make her deal with all the drama of-like-being famous. Not to sound narcissistic or anything. It's just not the best way to live sometimes, and I don't want to put that pressure on y/n. She doesn't deserve that.

Speaking of y/n, I wanted to have her over to my apartment.

hey y/n

hey josh

wanna hang out?

yes omw

you don't even know where i am y/n

good point
where are you joshhhh
why can't i find youuu
why have you gone awaAaaaaaayyyyy

wow
👏👏👏
i'm in my apartment

okay omw

you'll get it

wait, where's your apartment
you drove me last time 🙄

there you go
2349 Pinecone Street - Apartment number 32 *this is a random address, don't go there*

YAY! ON MY WAY!

I laughed, she really is the cutest thing.

After about 15 minutes, I heard a knock on my door.

"Hey y/n!" I opened the door to her smiling face.

"Hey Josh!" She said as she pulled me in for a hug. She walked in and set her phone down on the table.

We plopped down on the couch as I said, "What should we watch?"

"Hmm...I don't know!"

"eh...I don't really like the show 'I don't know'"

She laughed, "You think you're real funny, Bassett."

"I know I'm funny."

"mhm."

"umm...how about The Goldberg's."

"su-"

I made a face at her as her phone dinged. I grab it and see myself on it.

"What is thissss y/n," I taunted showing her the phone with me on it. It was when we first met. I honestly found it so cute that I am her background.

"It's you, obviously

"It's you, obviously." She replied with a snicker. "I thought you looked cute in it." It was from the day we met in person.

I grinned, "AWWW, y/n!" I kissed her on the cheek. "That is adorable."

"What's your background, Bassett?"

I smiled, "oh...just this really cool and pretty girl."

"Oh?" She seemed concerned.

"It's you, dummy."

She smiled at me, "really?"

"Of course."

"Show me, show me, show meeeee," I took out my phone from my pocket, and showed her the cutest picture of her watching hsm in my trailer a few days ago. She was hugging a pillow and her eyes were glued on the screen. It was adorable. "Joshuaaaaaa, that actually means a lot."

"You mean a lot to me."

Could she be any more perfect?

"Y/n?" I asked her.

"Yes, Josh?"

"Uh-erm-well I was kinda wondering-if um-"

"Joshua, spit it out," she laughed.

I took a deep breath, "so...I can't go home for Christmas because of filming so I was wondering, if you'd like to spend Christmas with me?"

"Josh, you know I would love to, but I'm spending it with my family-"

"Oh yeah-that's okay. It was a dumb idea anyway."

"Josh." I interrupted, "You didn't let me finish."

"Oh?"

"My family would love to have you, I know it. You can spend it with us Josh."

"Really?"

"Yes. I think it's about time that you meet my parents anyway. We hang out almost everyday."

"True, should I be nervous?"

"No Josh, be yourself. They'll love you." She put her head on my shoulder as I put my arm around her and I turned on The Goldberg's.