Part 12 - meeting my kid

*Y/n pov*
Josh texted me when he got to my apartment.

i'm here sugarplum fairy

why are you really horrible at coming up with nicknames

i'm going to ignore that comment

i'm coming to you car
wait which one is yours

it's white

oh yeah that helps so much
like there isn't 279102738 other white cars in the parking lot
just get out

fine

I saw Josh and walked to his car.
"HURRY UP!" he yelled. I giggled as I ran to his car.

I made it to his car and said, "hey joshy."

"Hey, angel."

"Joshhh, see that's a good nickname." He smiled at me, as I put on my seatbelt, "nice car." I said.

"Thanks, I picked it out."

"You've got nice taste, Bassett."

"I know, you do too because you hang out with me."

I rolled my eyes as Josh turned on the radio. It was Olivia Rodrigo's good 4 u. We both burst out laughing.

"Ohh geez, I actually hate this song." Josh admitted.

I giggled, "Breaking News!! Joshua Bassett is faking his niceness for the fans." I said, joking,

"Not true!" He laughed trying to keep a mad face at me.

"Y'know for being an actor, you're really terrible at lying Josh." I said to him.

"You know for being supposedly nice you're really rude y/n."

"You know you love me Bassett."

"Uh-huh." We both laughed and talked until we made it to Josh's apartment.

When we went into his apartment I said, "Nice place you've got here Bassett."

"Glad it's y/n approved." Josh responded. He gave me 'Josh's extravagant apartment tour.' And I then gushed over his cat for around 28 minutes. "So let's order out?" Josh said.

"Sounds good to me."

"The Factory Kitchen?"

"Oh my gosh, yes please."

He laughed and said, "okay." He called the restaurant, but forgot to ask me what I wanted. He remembered my order. I know that doesn't sound like a nice gesture, but my order is crazy. A gluten free pappardelle with no tomatoes and no spinach but extra cheese with a small Ceaser salad on the side. I'm a little picky and a lot allergic to wheat. He found it really funny when I first ordered it, but he remembered the whole thing. Which is really sweet.

The food came to Josh's apartment, as we sat down in his living room to eat it.

"Thank you Joshy, that was so good."

"I know, I'm a pretty awesome boyfr-"

"Friend! You're right Joshy, you are." I answered before he could say something.

He rolled his eyes, and smiled at me. "Oh hey, do you want to meet Josh Junior?"

"Yes of course, Joshua. Let me meet my little boy!" He laughed as he led me to the fish tank. "AWWW, joshy!! He's so cute!! I love him!"

"Yayy! I picked him out from the store! I knew you would love him." He said with a goofy grin on his face.

I giggled, "you know me well Bassett."

His phone started buzzing as he mouthed 'sorry' and picked it up. "Hey." He sat down in his room by Josh Junior. I walked back to the living room, and plopped down on the couch.
Unconsciously, I started humming Josh's song from yesterday while looking at my phone. It was an amazing song, I had definitely listened to it more than once.

"...but lately I've been questioning my faith...oooh...Heaven is you."

*Joshua POV*

I got off the phone with my agent. He just wanted to make sure I registered for season 4 with hsmtmts, because it was confirmed for the cast yesterday. I was about to walk to the living room when I heard the most beautiful voice singing. Who is that? The only people here are me, y/n, and Josh Jr.. I wasn't singing and I don't think Josh Jr can sing. Was y/n listening to a song? It sounded like my song. From yesterday. I walked to the living room and I saw y/n singing my song. I leaned on the wall and watched her before she noticed me and stopped. "Hey."

"Don't stop because of me." She giggled as I plopped right next to her on the couch, "you have an amazing voice! I didn't even know you sang! You sounded beautiful."

"Yeah?"

"Yes, you were so good." I said as she laid her head on my shoulder. "How did I not know you sang!"

"It never came up in conversation I guess," she laughed.

"Then we have to talk more about you y/n. You must be like a professional singer with a stage name or something."

"That's funny, Bassett," She responded. "I'll stick to college right now."

"Y/n" I grabbed her hand, "you could do so much more."

She smiled at me. We both leaned in. Our lips brushed each other. The door to my apartment opened and we both pulled away.

"Oh, hey. Sorry didn't know you had a guest Josh." Sofia Wylie said as she entered the apartment.

We both laughed, "it's all good Sofia," I said.

Y/n looked like she was in shock. "Hi!" She said.

"Hey! I'm Sofia!" She said, shaking y/n's hand.

"I know," y/n responded, smiling.

"Sofia, this is my..." I started.

"Your?" Sofia laughed.

"My-um-my friend, y/n."

"Okayyy...oh the reason I came is that I needed some food."

"So you came to my house just to steal my food?"

"Yeahhhhhh...so just give me like a banana and I'll be out of your hair. Then you and y/n can get back to kissing."

"You-"

"Yes, I saw."

"You realize that you have like a lot of money and free food on set, and you came to my house for a banana."

"Yes. Do you have a problem with that?"

"Nope, just take it and get out of here." Josh threw a banana at her.

"Rude, okay, have fun kissing. Nice meeting you y/n."

"You too!" y/n responded.

Sofia left and we burst out into laughter.

"Sorry, darling, I forgot I gave her a key. I regret that decision."

"That's okay, Joshy."

"Speaking of which, I've been thinking about this for a little while. And I do have one extra spare key. Do you want it? That way, you can come over whenever."

"Awww, Josh, thank you."

"You're welcome."

She looked at her phone and said, "Oh, shoot"

"What's wrong?"