Part 23 - ice cream and more

December 23rd
Yn pov

It was my 10:00 am shift for Ice Cream and More. Like seriously, who wants ice cream this early? In December? Either way, I was there. I couldn't stop thinking about Josh. Is this what love feels like. Ew, that's so cringey. Anyways, I was just sitting around until someone came up to the window. I didn't look up from the cash register as I said, "hi! Welcome to Ice cream and more! What can I get you?"

"Oh, I'm going to have to go for-" I snapped my head up at the voice to see a face smirking.

"Joshy! What are you doing here?"

"I wanted ice cream!" He shrugged simply.

"Okay, then. What can I get you customer?"

"Customer? More like 'my beautiful boyfriend cherished customer'. You could work on your friendliness, miss."

I rolled my eyes, "Joshua Bassett, what kind of ice cream do you want?"

"First, do I get a Family of employee discount?"

"You are not family josh."

"Not yet."

"You-"

"I'll have peanut butter ice cream."

"Blech, seriously? That's the worst type we have!"

"No!! I love peanut butter."

"Fine," I looked back realizing I was the only employee to make this ice cream. I sighed, and I grabbed a cone. I put two ugly-looking scoops of peanut butter onto the cone. Definitely not my best work, but it's okay it's just Josh.

I handed him the ice cream with a sigh, "have a wonderful day."

"Thank you darling. Now, what type of ice cream do you like?"

"Mint chip is superior."

He burst out laughing, "and you made fun of me for peanut butter!!"

"Mint chip is delicious Joshua!"

"Okay, well I'll get a mint chip as well then!"

"Seriously, Joshua? Two ice creams?"

"I'm a growing boy!"

"You're 21-no 22 now!" He laughed as he sat down at the counter being the only customer there. I scooped him the mint chip, and handed it to him. "Here you go Joshua. Now is that all?"

"No darling, this is for you!"

"Joshua," I smiled at the cute gesture, "you know Josh, I had to make this for myself."

"yeah.....but I paid?" I giggled.

"Joshy, I'm on the clock."

"There's literally no one here y/n."

"Okay...you're not wrong."

"I never am."

"Dude you have such a big head it's not even funny."

He chuckled, "it's kinda funny."

I giggled as he got ice cream on his nose. "Joshy, do this." I say as I lick my nose.

Joshua tried to lick his nose and fails, "how did you do that???"

I smiled as I wiped it off his nose, "magic." We sat there for a while and ate our ice cream. It was nice.

-

y/instagram/n

peanut butter ice cream? seriously josh?

joshuatbassett no literally it's so good you can't judge me ms. mint chip
     y/instagram/n yes i can
ruth_jones ILY BOTHHHHHH 😙😙
    y/instagram/n we love u too ruthie
mattcornett y'all getting ice cream without me 👁👄👁
    joshuatbassett maybe YOU should be smart enough to be friends with an ice cream and more employee
        y/instagram/n joshy u literally sound like an ad
        mattcornett friends? i beg to differ 😏

Yeah, thing is we decided to not officially announce that we're dating yet. I mean, people already think we are because of the news a while back. And we want to make sure it'll work before the whole world knows. We haven't even told our friends, but we think they assume. We're planning on telling our families soon though.

a/n: I just watched a tiktok with Andrew Barth Feldman and Joshua bassett (our dear boyfriend) and I just realized he was eating mint chip ice cream so I came back and looked at this story. that is so cute bc in this I wrote him not liking mint chip.