Prologue

“Everyone, this is y/n l/n, a transfer student, she will be joining us from now onwards. Do welcome her” 

Y/n smiles softly while scanning through the people in her class, trying to remember the faces of her new classmates.

“Y/n please sit next to Muichiro. Muichiro I trust that you will take great care of Y/n and show her around the school during lunch break.” 

Soon a boy seated at the right at corner of the class, closest to a window replied “ Yes, sensei”

As Y/n walked towards her seat, she analyzed her new table mate, he had bangs and dark long hair with blue tips at the end. 

“Hello, I am Muichiro Tokito.” He stood up and offered her a handshake. 

Y/n shook the boy's hand and sat down beside him. 

During recess, Muichiro brought y/n to his group of friends, a boy with red hair and a scar on his forehead, a girl with a baguette in her mouth, a boy with yellow hair that resembles noodles and a boy with dark blue hair that has oddly feminine facial features? Their names were Tanjiro, Nezuko, Zenitsu and Inosuke, the first two being siblings and the girl in a younger grade. Muichiro pushed the responsibility of the school tour to them as he had something to do. They welcomed y/n and she enjoyed their company and time. Soon they became y/n’s first friends.

For the past month, Y/n noticed that muichiro was a very popular student. There will be fan-girls waiting for him outside of classrooms with gifts and letters, she often catches some of the girl’s glaring at her from the corridor windows due to being his tablemate. Muichiro always gives the fan gifts to his close friends, like tanjiro and y/n herself as he sees no use in them.

Muichiro liked how y/n is a very caring person, she is always keeping him on track in lessons when he gazes out of the window by nudging him with her elbow. Every word that comes out from y/n’s lips is always genuine and honest, unlike the other girls that make up their own stories just to impress him, they were unnatural, they never knew him truly. Muichiro thought that y/n was unique, he liked her personality despite only knowing her for a few weeks, he also found her pretty. However, he only wants to be her friend.