Chapter 44

E/N: WE'RE BACK:DDD

A/n: Hello my dear readers! Me and Editor-san just finished our exams so we are finally back!! Thank you for your patience! Your comments and support have motivated us so much! We will be uploading more chapters weekly now and will be continuing this book! We hope you enjoy it! We love you <3 

Third person's pov

Kokushibo's ponytail swayed with the wind as he stood before a large and quiet lake, across the lake settled a village, a village that he planned to exterminate until a certain someone appeared.

"Akaza." He questioned as he turned to the man bearing a blank look. "What do you want?"

"Why did you lie about killing her? What are you planning to do with her?" He demanded an answer.

"Tch, so it was you that sent that demon, huh?" Kokushibo turned away in annoyance.

"I wasn't planning to do something bad to her, unlike you."

Kokushibo raised an eyebrow upon hearing his partner's words. "Hm?" (A/N: i don't think he has an eyebrow but... let's just pretend he has one)

"Aren't you the one disguising as a human? You are the one trying to get close to her, aren't you? Not to mention, the one who's planning to do something to her." Akaza hissed. "What do you want from a girl that has nothing?

"What about you, huh?" The dark haired man paced towards the other. "Why are you caring about a girl that has nothing? She rejected you, she doesn't want to accept your affection."

For the first time in years, Akaza's heart throbbed with pain. The words from the Upper Moon 1 himself pierced through his heart. Yet he gritted his teeth and clenched his fist to hold back the urge to punch Kokushibo, he accepted the truth instead.

"I just want her to be safe and lead a normal life now that she is no longer a pillar." He choked out his pure intentions, a light shade of pink appearing on his pale face as he turned away from embarrassment, he can't believe that he just said that. Out loud.

"We have the same goal then, don't we?"

"You? How is she special to you?" Akaza was confused.

"I have yet to figure out what sort of connection I feel that I have with her... But, we are on the same page. I, too want her to be well and live out her final days in peace, away from danger."

"..."

"..."

"Is she okay?"

"Douma broke her legs, that's all."

"What- That b-"

"She's recovering well, I have a mortal woman caring for her all the time."

"Good, and what if she gets attacked while you are away?"

"Why would she get attacked?"

"..."

"We will keep her at my mansion until she recovers, then she is free to do whatever she wants, deal?"

"...deal."

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

4 Months later

A boy with fiery hair walked up the flight of stairs surrounded by mesmerising wisteria trees, towards the final selection. It had been 4 months of tough training for Senjuro. With Muichiro as his mentor, there was no mercy spared towards him. Now here he is in the final selection, ready to not only pass this test but to assasinate Shiyokiyo Shuji.