Chapter 26

Tomioka's pov

The h/c haired girl quietly walks towards me, rubbing her puffy eyes while occasionally sniffling.

"Feeling better?" I asked while crossing my arms.

The girl nodded silently in response.

"The boy should be waking up soon, keep yourself composed. As a member of demon slayer corps, you h-"

"Yes I understand, water pillar-sama." Y/n replied in a sarcastic tone and sighed afterwards.

I didn't continue, I didn't want to annoy her. Afterall, she did just lose some close friends. I understood how she felt.

"I'm sorry, Tomioka-sen...sama. This was too sudden, I couldn't control my emotions. I'm sorry for attacking you too." She placed a hand on her chest and bowed.

"No worries." I looked away from her, back to the two siblings on the snow. "What is your name anyway?"

"Oh- its y-"

Suddenly a voice interrupted our introduction-

"Nezuko!" The boy woke up and grabbed onto her sister's kimono.

"Tanjiro! You are awake!" The h/c haired girl ran towards the maroon haired boy and pulled him into an embrace.

"Listen, do not let Nezuko out in the sun alright? It is harmful for demons. However, It is really cloudy right now, so it should be safe for her." She said calmly as she caressed the young girl's hair.

"Visit the elder named Urokodaki Sakonji living at the foot of the misty mountain." I explained as I walked beside the h/c head. "Tell him that Tomioka Giyuu sent you."

"Eh? Whos that? Urokodaki... Urokodaki..." The girl stood up and asked.

I sighed, slightly annoyed. "I have to go, if you want to know more, come along with me."

Without a warning, I took off to the air, leaving all of them there. As I leap from tree to tree, I realised that something is following me. Or rather, someone. I glanced back to see the same female demon slayer right behind me, her face just inches away from mine.

"You seem to be in a rush Tomioka-sama, where are you heading?"

I flinched in surprise, in disbelief that this slayer can catch up to the speed of a Hashira, her speed is similar to the insect pillar's, Shinobu Kocho. I lost my balance on one of the trees and started falling downwards but I never reached the ground. I was mid-air, no something was holding on to my haori, preventing me from falling.

"Tomioka-sama? Are you alright?" I tilted my head upwards to see the same female slayer, balancing on two big branches, her hands holding onto the collar of my haori.

"Let go." I said with a poker face, trying to hide the embarrassment that flooded through me. This girl, despite being smaller in size, has quite some strength.

Unexpectedly, she let go of my haori, causing me to start falling again, but I managed to land steadily with one knee. I dusted off the snow on my haori and noticed her presence beside me.

"So? Where are you headed Tomioka-sama? I have many questions for you, I can wait for you to finish whatever you are planning to do."

'This girl can't be serious.' I said to myself. To be honest, I have nowhere to go, I didn't want to answer questions, I wasn't expecting her to catch up to me.

"Food. Lunch." I lied. But my stomach made it more believable as it growled.

The girl chuckled quietly. "Can I have lunch with you Tomioka-sama?"