Chapter 40

???'s pov

The young girl raised a beautiful flower crown up in the air and with a prideful smile, she said "Tada!"

"That's so well made! Good job!" I complimented with a smile while clapping my hands with joy.

"Onii-chan! Let me put it on your head!" The young girl stood up from the grassy floor and gently placed the flower crown onto my head.

My mouth opened slightly from amazement when I stared at my reflection from the lake. "Woah!"

"Do you like it, Onii-chan? Do you like it?" She threw her small arms around my neck and hugged me tightly.

Silly little giggles escaped from her mouth as she hopped on the spot in excitement. "You like it, right?"

"Yes, yes I love it." I said while smiling.

"Thank you,

Har--̸͔̰̟̼̺͈̫̄́̃̎̂́̕͘#̸̢̡͖̝̲͖̫̲̱̯̼͚̦̎͌̕̕ͅ@̴̠̘̞͍̩̹̳͖̝̅̄̿̊͠%̸̡̧̨̨͙̜̰͈͔͕̬̥̰́̿͗̆̒̃͑̚̕ͅ'̷̢̺̦̲̗̥͙̭̜̟̥͔̄͜ä̸̟͖͓̦́̄̈̿̏̒͗9̶̨̖̹͔̜̳̻̲̜͔̟̣̳͈̌̓̏̔́̉̑@̵̱͐̓̽͛́́̂̀̒́̇̀̑̓͝-̸̨̛̼̦͓̩̼̙̬̬̜̪́͌̇̇͗̽̔̆̎̄͝-̴̨̛̦͇͉͍̠̻̯͎̹͓͚̋́͊̚-̷̨̜̼͔̳̞̱͓̮̦͙̣͊͘-̴͙̃̌̀̾͑́-̴̨̝̺͉̮͌̂͒̇̓͗̓

Suddenly everything became static. Everything I saw started to flicker between every colour of the spectrum and turned into dust. I tried to grab the girl but it was too late, she vanished.

I was alone in a dark void. It was quiet, empty, dead. I was all alone.

"Thinking about a sweet little girl, huh? Kokushibo."

That voice..

Muzan-sama.

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

Third person's pov

"Tsk! Ouch!" Y/n winces as the doctor touches her wound.

"Gomen eh, ojo-san! Please bear with me!" The doctor apologised and proceeded with the treatment.

Y/n grips onto the bed sheets tightly, tears forming at the corner of her eyes as she resisted the urge to kick the doctor away from her.

The man called for a village doctor to treat y/n, in hopes that she could recover and perhaps walk again. It wasn't easy, first he had to adjust her bones back to their original place.

(A/n: following "procedure" is not medically accurate, it is just for the plot please don't bash me)

Presenting: y/n and her series of expressions

Crack

Y/n: