Chapter 4.5

Third person's pov

Just as kanae expected, Y/n indeed has a lot of potential, she trained hard and never gave up. With this strong mindset, Y/n mastered total concentration breathing in just two months, breaking a large gourd that is around the size of Sumi, Kiyo and Naho, the servants of the butterfly estate.

"WOOHOO CONGRATULATIONS!!! You did it Y/n-chan!!!" The girls cheered and jumped around y/n in excitement resulting in her giggling at the sight.

In addition, Yoriichi has also been training with y/n... in her dreams. That developed her quickly and she managed to learn a lot from him. However sometimes she wished that she could have a normal dream of travelling... or anything else, honestly. After all those nightly trainings, Y/n still does not know much about Yoriichi, nothing at all but his name because he always refuses to tell her and that often leaves y/n in disappointment.

After every day, y/n would never fail to visit Muichiro. Muichiro was like y/n's only friend, despite being in a deep coma, Y/n didn't mind, she shared her daily experiences and findings with him, the good and the bad. Some days she would come to his bed cheerful and excited to see him. Other days she would be crying beside him and holding his hand, talking about how she felt very stressed out from their situation and how much she missed talking to him...consciously.

Y/n's pov

I visited Muichiro as always and sat down beside him. I took his hand and started massaging it gently.

"Pfft, now even your hand is smoother than mine." I joked.

"Training was great today, all thanks to Kanae and of course, Yoriichi. I wonder if he is in your dream too, do you even dream?" I tilted my head at the random thought.

"I wonder how our friends are doing back in our world, do you think they will remember us?" I sighed and rested my head on the side of his bed.

"life in the taisho period is so different..."

"What's so different y/n?" said a familiar voice, it was Shinobu, the younger sister of Kanae, she is 14 years old, despite being younger than Muichiro and I. She is way stronger and faster.

"Uh um, nothing. What brings you here shinobu-sama?" I panicked as I stood up from my chair.

"I'm here to introduce someone to you...ne, Kanao-chan?"

Soon a little girl with thin dark hair tied into a ponytail on the right side of her head walked into the room.

"This is Kanao Tsuyuri. Kanae and I adopted her, she will be living with us now as our little sister." Shinobu gently patted the girl's back. "She doesn't speak much."

"Wow, hello Kanao-chan! I am Y/n L/n!" I bent my knees to match her height and waved with a bright smile.

Kanao looked towards Shinobu, and after giving her a nod she replied, "Hello Y/n-san"