Chapter 20

Third person's pov

Muichiro and y/n slayed the remaining demons with ease and just in time, the Kakushi arrived to check on the children.

"Onee-san! Thank you for helping us!"

"Woah! You both are so cool!"

"I want to touch the sword!"

"No more bad guys!"

The little children surrounded both Muichiro and Y/n and clung onto their legs.

Muichiro had no idea what to do but to pat their heads to comfort them from the trauma that they might have.

"Good job, all of you, the Kakushi will bring all of you back home okay?" y/n smiled at the children before signaling the nearby Kakushi to come over.

After all the Kakushi left with the children, Muichiro and y/n sat down on the rooftop to cool down.

"Y/n L/n." Muichiro said in a serious tone that made y/n gulp.

"Yeah...?" Y/n replied, she knew that when one calls the other by their full name in a serious tone, it is not going to be good.

"You left on your own again." Muichiro playfully knocked y/n on the forehead, causing her to let out a small yelp.

"Ow... I'm sorry, the kids were in danger and I-"

"You forgot about me."

Y/n frowned, "I am sorry, I will make up for it! Wait here!"

Before Muichiro could say a word, Y/n slid down the rooftop and ran off into the streets.

Muichiro sighed and crossed his arms, wondering what this girl is up to.

~Moments later~

Y/n returned with an unlit lantern, matches, Two strips of paper and pens.

"A lantern?" Muichiro tilted his head in confusion.

"Yep! But before that, let's write a wish!" Y/n passes Muichiro one of the strips of paper and pen and begins writing.

'A wish huh...' Muichiro thought of a wish, then something clicked in his mind and he wrote it down.

After they both finished, they attached it to the lanterns and held it up high in the sky.

"On a count of 3, we will let go, alright?" Y/n said with enthusiasm.

"3"

"2"

"1"

Y/n and Muichiro release the lit lantern up and it slowly floats up to the sky that is slowly brightening up from the morning sun.

Muichiro looks to notice y/n happily staring at the lantern in the sky, her beautiful smile, her beautiful hair, her beautiful eyes, her sincerity, her big heart. She is a wonderful, pure and genuine person, and Muichiro is grateful to have her with him.

(a/n: does Mui like y/n? Idk ask yourselves >:3
e/n: more like author-san being a huge simp for him (||| - -))

Muichiro and y/n sat back down on the rooftop, quietly enjoying the view of the rising sun casting a rosy hue across the morning sky.

"Are our wishes supposed to be kept a secret?" Muichiro asked.

"Mhm, so it will more likely come true." y/n said in a quavering voice.

"Thank you y/n, it is my first time releasing a lantern." Muichiro wasn't sure if he had done the same things in the past. "I really hope that our wishes will come true, right?"

There was no response.

Muichiro turned to see y/n's head dipping down and her body slowly leaning towards him.

Muichiro's placed his hand on her head to support her before she falls.

Muichiro sighed as y/n snores softly.

"Sleeping? Again? Why do I always have to carry you back." Muichiro chuckled in mock disbelief.