Chapter 11

Y/n's pov.

The feeling of regret, guilt and anxiety weighed me down. I didn't want to leave Muichiro, his eyes begged me not to, but we need to help others.

From above the tall branch I noticed an injured slayer trying to run away from what seemed like a huge bear.

It wasn't a bear, it was a demon. It was huge, about 10 feet tall. It has dark fur growing all over its body that it does not need any clothes. Its large hands were big enough to grab the injured slayer.

"N-no! Don't eat me! Somebody help!" The participant cried as he was lifted to the opening of the demon's jaw

Its head shape resembled the star-nosed mole. Its long and slimy tentacles wrapped around the participant's legs, slowly pulling him into its mouth.

That's it.

"Breath of time, first form: ticking dash" I leaped forward and aimed for the neck at great speed, ready to decapitate it.

But it disappeared and the participant fell on the ground.

I landed beside him and immediately went back into a battle stance.

"Get up! Hurry!"

Suddenly the ground shook, I knew it, the demon.

It was under us.

It bursted out of the ground with its claws out trying to grab me. It happened too fast and I wasn't able to react, barely dodging it, and it managed to scratch my forehead.

It wasn't very painful, but was distracting to feel the beads of blood slowly drip down my face, but I ignored it.

"Oh? A girl?" It said in a creaky and dry voice, like he hadn't had a drop of water in years.

"I rarely see females around! You would be a nice meal...I wonder how you taste like" it snickered evilly and ran towards me with all fours like an animal.

"Breath of time, second form: blinking spade"

I ended up behind the demon, my sword dripping with its blood.

"My arms! My arms!" It cried upon its strong hands on the ground, separated from its body.

As it was distracted, I quickly ran towards the participant, helping him out. Little did I know that an attack was coming.

The demon grabbed my feet and twisted my ankle. I groaned from the pain and watched in surprise as the injured participant ran away from me.

"No way." I muttered under my breath.

"My food!" It croaked as it pinned me on the ground with great force, causing me to lose grip of my sword.

Its two regenerated hands wrapped around my body, squeezing it tight, making it hard for me to breathe.

Am I going to die?

My last thoughts as I struggled to break free. Its jaw was open and ready to consume me.

I can't die, not yet. Not to this foul monster. No.