Chapter 18

NOTE: ALL CHARACTERS EXCEPT FOR MUICHIRO ARE OG CHARACTERS MADE BY AUTHOR.

Third person's pov.

The two managed to reach the village on the day of the lantern festival. The sky was filled with beautiful floating lanterns, there were children running around, families gathering, it was a warm sight for y/n but Muichiro was alert the whole time. To be honest, he has no idea why there are so many lanterns.

"Wow Muchiro, look at the sky!" Y/n stopped walking and pointed at the sky.

Muichiro sighed, "Are you a little kid? They are just lanterns."

Y/n frowned, "Muichiro, it's the lantern festival! It's a time to honor our deceased ancestors, I want to light a lantern too!"

"No y/n. We have a mission, we can't be distracted." Muichiro folded his arms and y/n pouted in response.

Suddenly there was a low grumble coming from y/n's belly, making her blush in embarrassment.

Muichiro looked around and coincidentally found a stall selling y/n's favorite food.

"Don't be upset, I will buy you food alright?"

Those words lifted y/n's mood again and she nodded in excitement.

While queuing, y/n studied the environment, especially the children. The children were happily running and playing around without worries, this village seems completely normal, what could possibly go wrong?

As they move up the queue y/n notices a pair of siblings playing near some bushes leading to an alleyway, waving their lanterns in the air, singing and dancing happily. Y/n smiled at the adorable sight as they reminded them of Nezuko and Tanjiro, the siblings with an incredible bond back in their modern world.

"Y/n, you want the F/F right?" Muichiro tapped on y/n's shoulder. Y/n turned to smile at Muichiro and nodded.

But when she turned back to continue adoring the two siblings, they were gone.

Muichiro pulls y/n from her hand as he moves up the queue to order.

"Hello, I would like..."

As Muichiro orders, y/n stares at the bushes in silence, the lanterns that they were previously playing with were now on the floor and the two children were moving.

That's when she realised...

she fucked up.

Y/n, wasting no time, immediately went into the dark alleyway, in the distance, there was a large figure carrying the unconscious children in its arms. It was a demon, and that demon was fast.

Y/n scrowled, internally berating herself, how did she not notice the children going missing? All she did was avert her gaze for a second and they disappeared!

Suddenly the demon took a sharp right turn. Y/n groaned in annoyance as she drew out her sword and leaped up to the roof of the buildings to have a better view of the layout of the village. The demon was running through the alleyways, approaching a certain big sized building that seems to be the school of the village. Y/n speeds up to get there as quickly as possible.

Y/n's pov

I did it, I made it. I stood at the front of the estate, catching my breath while blending in into the shadows as to not be seen. There was a dim light coming from the main hall, so I carefully made my way there.

The hall was spacious and dim, with a fireplace in the middle, the most horrifying fact was, it was filled with demons

The hall was spacious and dim, with a fireplace in the middle, the most horrifying fact was, it was filled with demons. There were about a dozen demons in there of different sizes, but they seem to all be female. Up on the big stage, there was a beautiful demon, she was tall and curvy, like a model. Dark long hair and beautiful red eyes.

"My subjects, tonight is the night we feed... Children are the best to eat. Tender but soft flesh, smooth and well toned skin. By eating these children, we will maintain our beauty!" She raised both her arms up in the air.

After she did that, the main door opened and children marched out in a straight line crying and wailing to go home and for their parents.

"STOP CRYING!" a big size female demon carrying a wrapped up infant in one of her arms whipped the air with a whip to scare the children.

"My subjects, I know we all enjoy them fresh... so I caught them all fresh for you." The female demon on the stage smiled.

"Rose-sama, we are forever grateful for the food." They said and bowed in sync.

"Rose-sama," The demon with the whip knelt in front of the female demon and held the crying infant up high in her hands. "I present to you, an infant. Your favorite."

'I have to save that baby.' y/n thought, and in a blink of an eye.

"Breath of time, first form: Ticking dash"

I smoothly sliced off the head of the whip demon and managed to fetch the baby, cradling it in one arm and wielding my sword in the other.

The demons gasped in shock.

"Argh!" The female demon groaned. "Why is this demon slayer here? All of you useless maggots didn't notice her? Get her!"

"in that case...

shall we dance?"

The group of demons charged towards me, trying to attack me.

"Breath of time, sixth form: death by the hour"

I elegantly spun my body horizontally, slicing off the head of 3 demons before leaping up in the air again, careful not to injure the baby and landed in front of the group of children that were huddling together in fear.

I gently passed the baby onto the brother of the two siblings that I saw earlier.

"Take the baby, Onee-san will defeat the bad guys while you guys go and hide alright?" I said with a reassuring voice.

All the children nodded and started running away.

"Do not let them get away! Useless fools!" The female demon screeched.

Two of the demons started charging towards me and from the corner of my eye, I see another demon heading for the children.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath and quickly dashed towards the children, ignoring the two behind me.

"Breath of time, fourth form: Broken glass of a grandfather's clock."

Everything slows down, I drag myself through the air to decapitate and kick the demon away from the children before time resumes.

But when I was finally done with that, the two demons from behind me caught up and I merely dodged her attacks, but I lost my balance.

Oh no.

I fell onto the ground and held my sword in front of me, shutting my eyes tight to prepare for the incoming attack but it never came.

A loud thud could be heard, I peaked to see mist covering the scene of the two demon's head falling to the ground.