Chapter 5

~Another 5 month later~ 

Third person’s pov

Kanae brought Y/n out to a nearby village to do some shopping.

“Kanae, why are you bringing me out all of the sudden?” y/n asked as she walked around the streets holding her master’s hand.

“I haven’t seen you in so long, I wanted to hang out! Also, you will be going for final selection soon in a few months, so i thought about buying you some clothes, I may not be free after today. Ooo, look over there~!” Kanae said in a sing-song voice as she dragged you to a store. 

“Kanae!!!!”

It’s now around 5pm, Kanae and Y/n only managed to buy a simple white haori, because they were too indecisive.

“Kanae, can I ask you a question?”

“Sure Y/n, what is it?” She said before taking a sip of her tea.

“Is there anything going on between you and the wind pillar?”  Y/n has been training under a different hashira, Sanemi Shinazugawa because Kanae has been busy training Kanao.

“N-no? What do you mean Y/n?” 

“During my trainings with him, I often mention you, and when i do, his face will suddenly turn red, it's like he has a fever or something…”

“Oh… I don’t know Y/n…”

Suddenly, “CAW! CAW! THERE IS A RUMOR THAT THERE IS A DEMON IN THE VILLAGE TOWARDS THE EAST! KANAE KOCHO IS TO GO EAST TO INVESTIGATE THE RUMOUR OF WOMEN DISAPPEARING!” Kanae’s crow suddenly appeared, landing on our table.

“Ara, shh, okay.” Kanae tried to hush the crow, as it caught the attention of some villagers.

“Y/n I have a mission, you would have to go home on your own! See you!” Kanae grabbed her sword and ran off. 

“W-wait- oh darn…” Y/n was left behind. “Hmm.. what if I follow her though…?”

Y/n, as curious as ever, decides to follow her master to her mission. For if she had returned, she would have to train with the Wind pillar, sanemi. In which she dreaded because she feels like she’s getting picked on everytime.